Who builds the strongest 562xp?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As for the 562/555/550/545, I think my recipe is a strong one.

You have my attention. The 555 rarely gets mentioned, hiding its its big brothers shadow, but I don't regret buying mine for a second.

Even if its bone stock at the moment. (runs and hides) I know, I know, without even a muffler mod I should lose posting privileges.

You have my attention. The 555 rarely gets mentioned, hiding its its big brothers shadow, but I don't regret buying mine for a second.

Even if its bone stock at the moment. (runs and hides) I know, I know, without even a muffler mod I should lose posting privileges.
555 is a hell of a saw! I like the small mount and all orange color better over the XP...

Yup. That was a stock build though :D

This will be a woods/toy
I've often wondered if a tweaked up 555 might be a better "all round" saw than the 562, my idea being that without the crank stuffers it might be an even torquier saw once the compression was bumped and the ports cleaned up.
Sounds like you are intending more of a play build rather than general work saw though.

id say its because when it comes to me, randy and mitch ,were all friends and don't have any reason to not be civil. I send work there directions all the time when someone asks about something I don't deal with. ive said it more than once that if its a true work saw and not some on the edge gtg toy it really doesn't matter which builder you should choose. just choose the one you feel the best repour with and get the saw done.

I've often wondered if a tweaked up 555 might be a better "all round" saw than the 562, my idea being that without the crank stuffers it might be an even torquier saw once the compression was bumped and the ports cleaned up.
Sounds like you are intending more of a play build rather than general work saw though.

I've done many triple fives that will beat the 562. Not difficult to do really.

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

I've run 5 different builders' 562's...
I liked every one..
They're just a great platform to build a really nice work saw from...
We forget sometimes they only 59cc...
Terry built mine, but I've run Randy's, Stumpy's, Mitches, and Moody's...
They'll all make ya go wow... And the A/T keeps them rocking no matter where you are... Or what you're doing..

id say its because when it comes to me, randy and mitch ,were all friends and don't have any reason to not be civil. I send work there directions all the time when someone asks about something I don't deal with. ive said it more than once that if its a true work saw and not some on the edge gtg toy it really doesn't matter which builder you should choose. just choose the one you feel the best repour with and get the saw done.

^^^^^^ Yes sir.

I've done many triple fives that will beat the 562. Not difficult to do really.

For clarification, are you saying a ported 555 will out perform a ported 562 (or a stock 562)?

I do not own a 562, but I ran a MM ported one at GTG and was very impressed, so I'm glad my 362 is scheduled to go there soon.

That said, I'm sure I would have been very impressed with a ported 562 from any of you guys.

For clarification, are you saying a ported 555 will out perform a ported 562 (or a stock 562)?

I do not own a 562, but I ran a MM ported one at GTG and was very impressed, so I'm glad my 362 is scheduled to go there soon.

That said, I'm sure I would have been very impressed with a ported 562 from any of you guys.

Guys that want to save a few bucks and gain the small mount buy the triple nickel . Ported it's hard to tell the difference between a ported 562 and 555.

An before Rev boost is brought up.... It make almost no difference

Back