Who makes Husqvarna labelled bars?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have not heard of Husky having bars made in China, but since someone read it on the internet, it must be true...:msp_rolleyes:
I am the one who said I read it off another site on the internet..and should be taken with a grain of salt.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FWIW: I worked for 18 yours in QC..(now Quality Assurance) for an international company.

I was the person who followed the COA's..(Certificate Of Analysis) and that they met our specifications.

We had monthly quotas to meet...so sometimes we let chemicals (under-standard) be used to meet the quota.

I could write a book of some of the ways we "cheated" to meet the quota..but the bottom line the quota was gonna be made.

As said..I reviewed the COA's and reported in-discrepancies. The company "higher-ups" made the final decisions..!!

I could write a book about the actions taken to deceive...some were truly ingenious..others..just devious outright lies..!!

Soo..I'm not saying that Oregon has bought bars from China to meet quota...just that I wouldn't be a damn bit surprised..!!

And once again...Husky would have NO part in this and Oregon would cover it up so Husky would never know..!!
:cheers:
J2F

It is getting thick in here......dense, smoother grain to the steel, rigidness tells the quality of the steel.

dense: cannot tell if it is more dense by feel, plus more dense doesn't equate quality

smoother grain: someone at the factory used a finer buffing wheel. Want a swirl finish? get an angle die grinder and a buffing wheel

rigid: you did a deflection test in your hand....WOW...you're good

i guess you must be a top notch metallurgist to touch a bar to see its quality. You should be working at Oregon or Tsumura checking incoming steel, would save them a lot of money

bob

Wow guys. Wasn't really expecting that. No, I did not do a deflection test, and I did not send samples to a lab. If I did that, I wouldn't be asking. I was simply asking a question about the origin of Husqvarna's bars, and commenting on my perception of their quality vs another brand. Not trying to start a battle by any means. I'm no expert when it comes to saws. Just a weekend warrior with a growing interest in saws and have always loved 2 stroke engines. I've been building/modded 2 strokes engines on Honda 250R ATV's for years, and hope to eventually do some mild mods to the 2172. My selection of saws came largely from advice given by others on the site, and reading their experiences. I pretty much saw for my hunting camp's woodpile and have been doing some side work for friends and family thanks to the Emerald Ash Borer here in Western PA. New member, so perhaps I just haven't learn the culture yet??

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back