who makes the best diesel truck?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 4 cyl in a bread van, a fellow tried to buy it a couple days ago for his f150. The 150 is RUNNING on gas. He wants to swap it out. It might do better than 30.

:monkey:

If I was gonna bet, it would be, he hits the 30+ mpg mark, if its the 4bt Cummins.

Local guy put a 4bt in a 1500 chevy 2wd excab with 700r4 and 3.42's with air to air said he get 31mpg and has no problem so far.........It looks kinda cool sittin in there with all the plumbing from the intercooler ...He says its about 135hp with the turbo and he paid 3500.00 from a shop in IL. .......total installed is under 5k and he has 10k miles on it so far......

Home

Just thought you guys might be interested,

You should see this guys work in person!

On the small diesel topic-

GM HAS a small diesel now. They've had it for YEARS but never marketed it. It would be for Tahoes, 1/2 tons, etc. Google it, it exists, there are photos of it out test driving. Why dont they release it? Same as everything else- the oil companies have them all in their pockets. Why do Europeans have gas cars getting 40+mpg, some small diesels getting over 60 and we dont? Because we are brainwashed in to thinking we need V6 and V8 vehicles and that cars with less than 200hp wont move. And GM is making those cars in Europe!!! pi$$es me off...

Yep

Ford's new Fiesta diesel (only available in Europe) gets 70+MPG.

They claim that it wouldn't sell in America because it has the old "diesel stigma" with Americans; It's loud, smelly and shakes a lot. I'm wondering if the engine would pass our EPA's emissions the way they are set.

Anyway, I know I'd have one if they were available here!

Tim

Ford's new Fiesta diesel (only available in Europe) gets 70+MPG.

They claim that it wouldn't sell in America because it has the old "diesel stigma" with Americans; It's loud, smelly and shakes a lot. I'm wondering if the engine would pass our EPA's emissions the way they are set.

Anyway, I know I'd have one if they were available here!

Tim

You can thank the State of California for the fact that it will never happen in your lifetime.

Toyota Hilux. :popcorn:

Not avaible in the US, but it's gotta be the best truck ever made. A motoring show in the Uk tried to kill one, but couldn't. After sinking it overnight in the sea, they finally tied it down to the top of a 10 story building that was being blown-up. After the demolition, they dug it out and managed to get it runing and drive it.

Pretty impressive.

Hilux isn't a full size pickup though.

On the small diesel topic-

GM HAS a small diesel now. They've had it for YEARS but never marketed it. It would be for Tahoes, 1/2 tons, etc. Google it, it exists, there are photos of it out test driving. Why dont they release it? Same as everything else- the oil companies have them all in their pockets. Why do Europeans have gas cars getting 40+mpg, some small diesels getting over 60 and we dont? Because we are brainwashed in to thinking we need V6 and V8 vehicles and that cars with less than 200hp wont move. And GM is making those cars in Europe!!! pi$$es me off...

It has nothing to do with Oil companies and everything to do with NOx regulations for diesels in the US.

In my opinion the EPA has us all screwed up.
Let's see, we'll take an engine and put a bunch of crap on it to make it put out 1/3 less polutants. As a result of this it will get 1/2 the mpg.
Ok, let's do the 2+2=4 thing.
1/3 less polutants per gallon burned..............twice the gallons to go the same amount of miles..............Hmmmm, if 2+2=4 then that would cause us to be putting 1/3 more polutants in the air in the same amount of miles. :dizzy:

Andy

Right on!

In my opinion the EPA has us all screwed up.
Let's see, we'll take an engine and put a bunch of crap on it to make it put out 1/3 less polutants. As a result of this it will get 1/2 the mpg.
Ok, let's do the 2+2=4 thing.
1/3 less polutants per gallon burned..............twice the gallons to go the same amount of miles..............Hmmmm, if 2+2=4 then that would cause us to be putting 1/3 more polutants in the air in the same amount of miles. :dizzy:

Andy

Yep, and they LIKE it!!

Uh-huh

You can thank the State of California for the fact that it will never happen in your lifetime.

Mr. Rude,

I am fully prepared that I will never be able to go down to the local Blue Oval dealer and buy a brandy new diesel Fiesta...SO, I settled on getting its 350 HP V-8 big brother in my 8000 pound pickup!!! Thanks again EPA!

Playin' by the rules.

Tim

The EPA is a group of cluster####ing asshats. They were good in the very beginning, but quickly rose to lust power. I hate them. I ####ing hate ethanol subsidies too. :angry: Bunch of cluster####ing bull####.

The EPA is a group of cluster####ing asshats. They were good in the very beginning, but quickly rose to lust power. I hate them. I ####ing hate ethanol subsidies too. :angry: Bunch of cluster####ing bull####.

:agree2:
They were the beginning of the end of everything that made the US what it is.

12v Cummins pulling a good size backhoe/front end loader (25k+lbs with trailer) backhoe is a Unihoe 117 with 140hp Detroil Diesel four cylinder 2 cycle

96cumminstrailer.JPG

unihoe4.JPG

unihoe2.JPG

12v Cummins pulling a good size backhoe/front end loader (25k+lbs with trailer) backhoe is a Unihoe 117 with 140hp Detroil Diesel four cylinder 2 cycle

96cumminstrailer.JPG

unihoe4.JPG

unihoe2.JPG

That machine looks like quite the worker. Pretty stout trailer too.

Thanks for sharing.

Tim

dont hold back, tell us how you really feel ! :)

Back