Who makes this Splitter Pump?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdJohnson

Reaction score
Attached are photos. I need to replace the main shaft and seals but don't know the maker. It has 3118 T3 stamped on the end of it but those are the only markings. Any help would be appriciated. Ed.

Wow, those are some crappy pictures. The only thing I could see is that you're missing an air cleaner and you may be using pipe fittings where you shouldn't be. Dont use pipe for pressure lines, its not rated for 3k psi, eventually someone will get hurt.

That is a tough question

1) Is the handy harry guy that put all those scrounged parts together still alive
He would be the guy to ask (ass-u-me he did not scrounge that at flea mkt)

2) Ass-u-me that the model is even current and parts available

3) try a good hydraulic supplier (you need one to find seals anyway)

3) All else fails, new comp models available for around a "C" note
http://www.cylinderservices.net/catalog.asp?prodid=519511

Newer tech probably faster too

Best o' Luck

The pump is either MTE or Viking can,t tell from the pics. Replacement parts are usually not worth the material and labor to fix. A new replacement pump will run between 75.00 to 150.00 depending on gpm. All the 2-stage pumps on the market in the same gpm range will work as direct replacements with little or no changes.

Haldex/Barnes, MTE, Viking, IFP, Northern tool, and Speeco 2-stage pumps in the 11 to 16 gpm range use the same industry mounting pattern.

I have not seen any rebuild or parts kits for any of the above mentioned pumps.

Funny you guys mentioning the pipe fittings. I actually picked this up from a neighbor who said it was leaking. I made him a deal, I will fix it and maintain it if you let me use it. He said he sure so that is why the air filter is off etc. I was wondering about the fittings myself and have decided to get rid of them all and install pressure hose fittings. I also want to install a hydro fluid filter. I have seen log splitters without them wear out faster. The fluid had shavings in it from years of use and I would suspect a oil filter would be a good investment. What do you think? Thanks for all the feedback. Ed

I have a two stage pump like yours,I replaced my front seal~ here is what I did, just remove seal take to NAPA and it was standard size oil seal they matched it up $5.00 ,put the new seal in my pump and worked out just fine,
Good Luck

Sounds like a good plan. Replace the pump, get rid of any and all pipe & pipe fittings (replace with proper hoses), install a filter & new oil. Then start splitting!

Back