Who needs fancy equimpent to work the big rounds?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsm382

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have posted more then once about the usefulness of my 30yr old wheel horse and once again today she came through again.

got all the wood split next to the spliter then shoved the next batch to split over to the splitter. :D
sure does save wear and tear on my back.......
another half day and about 4 more loads and maybe i will be done..

DSC04535s.jpg

DSC04539s.jpg

Oh and who needs sand in the sand box when you have piles and piles of noodles?? :D

DSC04541s.jpg

.......another half day and about 4 more loads and maybe i will be done..QUOTE]

.....and then you'll get depressed 'cause you don't have any more wood to play with. I'm sure it'll be nice to get a breather from it though. :)

I get the feeling that your daughter is a Daddy's girl. I can't figure out why but I just get that feeling. ;)

I'm sure he will be tired of it for about a day, then look for more wood to play with. Good that your daughter is involved, good times and good memories.
Dok

ABSOLUTELY I AGREE I LOVE CUTTING AND TAKING MY LITTLE BROTHERS AND SISTERS WITH ME

I get the feeling that your daughter is a Daddy's girl. I can't figure out why but I just get that feeling. ;)

I'm sure he will be tired of it for about a day, then look for more wood to play with. Good that your daughter is involved, good times and good memories.
Dok
yep, got the skids to cut, and i should be 'ready' for winter, then got to go out looking for more to get started on 2010, at this rate i will be able to get a jump on it..:D

Daddys girl? :dunno: what you guys are talking about :hmm3grin2orange:

she do love to help..

DSC04424small.jpg

DSC04379small.jpg

Last edited:
They grow up fast, don't they?

If that kid hauling split chunks is the same as in your avatar... She's growing up quick.

Don't want to get too preachy or overly-sentimental... cherish these times when they're willing to 'hang with Dad' 'cause when they turn 12,13... the fun's over.

"Dad, you're so wierd... you just don't understand. Can I get a tatoo, Dad? But he LOVES me - I NEED to go on the pill..."

ARGHHHH!!! somebody put a bullet in my head!

If that kid hauling split chunks is the same as in your avatar... She's growing up quick.

Don't want to get too preachy or overly-sentimental... cherish these times when they're willing to 'hang with Dad' 'cause when they turn 12,13... the fun's over.

"Dad, you're so wierd... you just don't understand. Can I get a tatoo, Dad? But he LOVES me - I NEED to go on the pill..."

ARGHHHH!!! somebody put a bullet in my head!
yes, yes she is one and the same. goes every where we go all the time.
course she's an only child born to a couple old folks, wife was 41 and i 38 but she is our treasure.
yep not looking forward to the teen years.
she's 6 1/2 right now going quick. :(

What kind of saw does she run :) . My youngest daughter likes "the blue one" Makita 6401, and my son likes "the orange one" Husky 372. If my other daughter likes red, maybe I'll jump on the Dolmar 420 wagon :cheers: .
Have fun with her :clap:, they grow up fast.

What kind of saw does she run :) . My youngest daughter likes "the blue one" Makita 6401, and my son likes "the orange one" Husky 372. If my other daughter likes red, maybe I'll jump on the Dolmar 420 wagon :cheers: .
Have fun with her :clap:, they grow up fast.
yes, yes they do. and she prefers the one on the far right :D

we have LOTS of fun with her, she goes everywhere and does everything we do. (just do a search for my posts here on AS and you will see that :D:D)

DSC04285small2.jpg

DSC00738s.jpg

Glad you got your daugther involved, its a great way to teach your children the value of hard work. My daughter is now 11, and hates wood cutting with a passion. My wife, my daughter, and I went to a small job i had saturday, three good sized hickories to come down in a back yard. I guess neither the wife or my daughter realized that even 50 feet up in a tree I could hear their conversation. My wife was tending my safety line, and my daughter asked her why I need a safety line if I was climbing with spurs. She replied, "Well, if his spurs slip out of the tree, he would come tumbling down."
My daughter replied, "'well, at least that way we could go home."
If that wasnt bad enough,later that day the homeowner commented to my daughter after watching her carry rounds to the trailer that the worst thing she had to do as a little girl was rake leaves.My daughter told her that if she doesnt haul wood, she gets grounded and sometimes a spanking.:jawdrop:
I later made her go back to the woman and tell the truth, she aint ever gotten in trouble for not helping, she just doesnt get a rootbeer float on the way home.:mad:
Kids these days!

thats funny.
yeah we try and get the little one involved in everything we do.
had her in the garden helping plant when she was a baby.
we never ask or tell her to help, she just wants to.
now she may not stack wood for hours on end but she want's to help and she does help till she gets board then goes and plays.
as she gets older i may start 'asking' her to help for longer.
but right now it's nice she wants to.......

DSM, yeah the little ones need to get involoved, means they will learn the value of things.

My first son a few months before his 2nd birth day. ever since his first thought on every walk we take is " need to find sticks and wood Dad!! " thata boy! :greenchainsaw: :cheers:

DSM, yeah the little ones need to get involoved, means they will learn the value of things.

My first son a few months before his 2nd birth day. ever since his first thought on every walk we take is " need to find sticks and wood Dad!! " thata boy! :greenchainsaw: :cheers:

right on man :clap:

I gotta say, I was about 8 when we started burning and haven't looked back. We still do it old school with no log splitter, but I can remember we had 2 stoves in the house, and it was up to me to tend the pot belly in the kitchen and my brother had the Kenmore in the living room.

Going out with dad, a thermos of coffee and some PBJ's, or coming home to a house filled with the smells of stew was quite the reward. My friends used to come up and help, and we would return the favor. It was a bonding experience and I am glad that I had the opportunities that I did. Dad is closing in on 72 and has slowed a little bit. I have become the cutter, and he is now working on dragging timbers out for the most part.

I do not have a little one of my own yet, but the missus is due in January, so I have a termite in training on the way.

Have to admit those pics you guys shared make me wish that those moments will be available. I hope that I am lucky enough to have a "lil helper"...

yep, got the skids to cut, and i should be 'ready' for winter, then got to go out looking for more to get started on 2010, at this rate i will be able to get a jump on it..:D

Daddys girl? :dunno: what you guys are talking about :hmm3grin2orange:

she do love to help..

DSC04424small.jpg

DSC04379small.jpg

dsm that's great your little girl involved... I have a little granson 23 mths. old he is the same way he has a little ms stihl saw... When I go out the back to cut he has to be there with me doing the same... he has to ride on the tractor, load the wagon, ( the little bugger is strong lifts the little logs over his head to get them in to the wagon) he even went as alittle lumber jack for Halloween ... Enjoy them while you can... :clap: :clap: :clap:

wowzer

you are lucky bro a wife that loves to use a saw and a little one that wantz:cheers: to be part of the action.

nice pics, thanks for sharing.

thanks to the rest of ya, yea we are trying to show her the 'right' ways earily.
and in this day and age it's going to be a tough road here on out.

one more pic to end on. :D

DSC04106small.jpg

okay just one more, like i said she loves to help with everything, sometimes it slows us down but hey, they are only young once.

DSC01365.jpg

okay last one i promise :D

DSC04055small.jpg

Last edited:
I gotta say, I was about 8 when we started burning and haven't looked back. We still do it old school with no log splitter, but I can remember we had 2 stoves in the house, and it was up to me to tend the pot belly in the kitchen and my brother had the Kenmore in the living room.

Going out with dad, a thermos of coffee and some PBJ's, or coming home to a house filled with the smells of stew was quite the reward. My friends used to come up and help, and we would return the favor. It was a bonding experience and I am glad that I had the opportunities that I did. Dad is closing in on 72 and has slowed a little bit. I have become the cutter, and he is now working on dragging timbers out for the most part.

I do not have a little one of my own yet, but the missus is due in January, so I have a termite in training on the way.

Have to admit those pics you guys shared make me wish that those moments will be available. I hope that I am lucky enough to have a "lil helper"...

right on man i miss cutting with my granpa he passed a year ago this month and cutting just is not the same :cheers: :agree2:

Latest posts

Back