Who ports saws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was also because el moobs is likely Randy and I thought I could grind his gears with that post lol had a said what I meant I wouldn't have worked and I already ****ed this opportunity cause you called me out! Lol

So I probably shouldn't wait out by the mailbox for a wrap handled saw with attitude, reeking of cannabis & fir pitch?

Got It.

Lol, I quit smoking dope 7 years ago man. All I do Is coffee in the morning and liquor at night. Just how I like it these days. It might smell like fir though although cedar is high on the market right now so it would likely smell like cedar. I hardly have time for anything but cutting wood These days.

Lol didn't even realize this was the porting thread. Honestly though the strongest 660's I've ever run with a long bar in our wood has been with the simplest mods. Not just widening though.

Hey WC,

Rather than get into an Internet squabble, I call you to back your claim.

Send a saw that you've ported to Randy's customers for them to give an honest assessment against what they've paid for, and been satisfied with.

If you choose me, I run a 461 & a 660.

I give you my word that if you choose to step up, I will give an unbiased & completely honest comparison, and I will treat your saw as good as I do any of mine.

Do you accept?

Hold on a sec...Let me re-read this....Okay, got it!

hsell, I'm your huckleberry.

I'll take you up on this challenge...with a slight twist. Send me your 461 and 660. I promise to be biased, completely dishonest, and drive'em like I stole'em. By the time I'm done I will have convinced you that both saws are useless and Jedi mind tricked you into keeping both.

-Pat

Lol, I quit smoking dope 7 years ago man. All I do Is coffee in the morning and liquor at night. Just how I like it these days. It might smell like fir though although cedar is high on the market right now so it would likely smell like cedar. I hardly have time for anything but cutting wood These days.

Do the big Cedars always seem to grow apart like the videos & pictures suggest? It seems a lot disintegrate when being felled, even when proper techniques are used.

We have root flare here, but it seems there, the divisions of the root flare continue up the stem.

We only have small cedars around here.; mostly along the fence line.

Hold on a sec...Let me re-read this....Okay, got it!

hsell, I'm your huckleberry.

I'll take you up on this challenge...with a slight twist. Send me your 461 and 660. I promise to be biased, completely dishonest, and drive'em like I stole'em. By the time I'm done I will have convinced you that both saws are useless and Jedi mind tricked you into keeping both.

-Pat

I see thru your free saw plug, but thanks for playing.

Star Wars fans & I don't typically hang out; for a reason.

I don't know why?

Your old enough to of voted against Jimmy Carter: you probably saw thru his BS as well, and did too.
I actually spend more time on a pro forum.
People say what they mean and have to back it up.

Example.

A guy posts a video of a guy firing up an engine with no exhaust manifold. Just flame out the head.
#1....he's gonna warp the valves!!!!

Ol Phart......it will be fine....

#1.....oh no!! He is gonna warp them. I know.

Ol Phart......it's gonna be fine.

#1........you're stupid and don't know kwap!!!!

Bad mistake. He ended looking like a fool.

Shouldn't mess with Knowledgable Ol Pharts. Lol

Big root flare here. Some flutes 2' out the main stem but rarely. Alot of it is rotten but only the butt so the rest is still good for lumber. They generally grow apart. Some splits but mostly just suckers off the larger tree's.

I actually spend more time on a pro forum.
People say what they mean and have to back it up.

Example.

A guy posts a video of a guy firing up an engine with no exhaust manifold. Just flame out the head.
#1....he's gonna warp the valves!!!!

Ol Phart......it will be fine....

#1.....oh no!! He is gonna warp them. I know.

Ol Phart......it's gonna be fine.

#1........you're stupid and don't know kwap!!!!

Bad mistake. He ended looking like a fool.

Shouldn't mess with Knowledgable Ol Pharts.

Them old farts typically have already been down & back the roads us kids are just starting to trek down.

Big root flare here. Some flutes 2' out the main stem but rarely. Alot of it is rotten but only the butt so the rest is still good for lumber. They generally grow apart. Some splits but mostly just suckers off the larger tree's.

?

Good to see I'm not drinking alone tonight!

Lmao!

I could not imagine working hours to fell a big Cedar, and following the rules completely, only to watch it burst into a million cedar flavored toothpicks as it lands onto the forest floor.

I'd probably throw my lid at it.

I could not imagine working hours to fell a big Cedar, and following the rules completely, only to watch it burst into a million cedar flavored toothpicks as it lands onto the forest floor.

I'd probably throw my lid at it.

I don't completely follow the rules always too. I'll make an ugly stump the get wood on the ground as long as I know it's safe. It's called production falling lol

By the way, big rotten cedars go down quick. All you really gotta cut is a shell and she commits. The big solid ones take forever though especially if you gotta spring board them.

I was just replying to hsell's post as I understood it but your right. Your not drinking alone lol. I'm shutting her down and going to bed.

Hah!

I see it now...I couldn't figure out what was going on there. :D My eyes are blurring, going to check out myself.

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back