Whoa ... "Stihl's" new saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For anyone that wants to know, the MS462 has been pushed back from the 4th quarter of this year, until 3rd quarter of 2019.

Lol, don't say that I didn't call this!

Where did you get this info? If true, my apprehensions were right and I am almost positive we will see the fuel injected saw before the 462 on these shores.

Lol, don't say that I didn't call this!

Where did you get this info? If true, my apprehensions were right and I am almost positive we will see the fuel injected saw before the 462 on these shores.

Head of tech in Stihl at VA Beach has kept me up to date. Im more interested in the 462 than the 500i especially with all the issues people have had with the 500i cut off saw.

I'm considering buying a 462 from another country and paying the $200 to ship it. Just not sure what I'd do if it did have problems.. Lol I'd love to see the techs in these small towns scratching their heads.

I had a lot of two stroke street bikes with oil injection. It's coming back- recent KTM and Beta enduro bikes have it. The Yamaha ones used both rpm and throttle opening to detemine oil flow. So it would be economical on oil in eas riding situations but still provide plenty when operated at WFO. The first time I did a track day on an RZ350 with the oil pump it went through a lot more oil than I was expecting.

Saws are made to run at WFO. Partial throttle operation is not important. So that advantage of oil injection is wasted. The oil injection requires a pump, an additonal tank, and some lines. Easy to add to a motorcycle, not so easy to add to a saw where low weight and compact size are vital. And it adds to the cost. So I do not expect to see it on saws.

Back