Whoopies vs loopies... Preferences anyone?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike28

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi yall

Just wondering if some of you have preferences regarding whoopies vs loopies... So, what are you guys using? For portys and blocks in particular...

Cheers

Mike

I just realized this should have been posted in the equipement category...

Sorrry about that!!

Neither.... dead eyes and knots. Whoopies aren't bad for the port a wrap, but up in the tree loopies will drive you crazy.

Dead eye sling using a cow hitch backed up with some half hitches, I own a loopy or a woopy but don't think I've used it twice in 10 years.

Same here, Beast.
Used once or twice, and found a cow hitch ties quicker.
Plus, I hate the way the loose braid on Tenex pics so easily. I'd rather splice and use StableBraid for slings.

Tom Hoffman has an instructional video on youtube showing the specs for his "beast" whoopie.
Made with some xrings and some tenex prusik loops. Nice. Works really well, in a lot of configurations, as well as being foolishly easy to make. So, score one point for whoopies.

I also like r&r style basket slings when you can work them in, too. (overhead) They can be set and retrieved remotely, which is also a big bonus.

Latest posts

Back