Why am I not sold on the Echo TimberWolf?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Softdraw

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I am in the market for a reliable saw to cut firewood and clean up storm damage. I currently run a Poulan Pro 5020AV and alternate with a Craftsman Pro Series. Truth be told, I guess I don't really need a new saw. However, I found a good, well maintained used Echo Timber Wolf for a very reasonable price. I've read the reviews, studied them up close at Home Depot, and perused the YouTube vids and the Echo website. Virtually all the literature says the TWolf is a terrific saw.

Why can't I commit to this thing? I am casually looking at the Huskys and Stihls but am confident I won't be able to match the price of the TWolf. What's holding me back?

I am in the market for a reliable saw to cut firewood and clean up storm damage. I currently run a Poulan Pro 5020AV and alternate with a Craftsman Pro Series. Truth be told, I guess I don't really need a new saw. However, I found a good, well maintained used Echo Timber Wolf for a very reasonable price. I've read the reviews, studied them up close at Home Depot, and perused the YouTube vids and the Echo website. Virtually all the literature says the TWolf is a terrific saw.

Why can't I commit to this thing? I am casually looking at the Huskys and Stihls but am confident I won't be able to match the price of the TWolf. What's holding me back?
The same thing that makes FarmBoss owners think the have the most awesome rocking saw around, the name on the side. The CS-590 is in it's own class, nothing comes close for the money.

Haven't run one but see new just under $300 ads lately. They must have made boat loads of em.

Haven't run one but see new just under $300 ads lately. They must have made boat loads of em.
Let me know where you’re seeing new 590s for under $300, I’ll buy more.
To the OP.
You can’t pull the trigger because you’ve probably had a mindset that unless you buy a Pro saw it’s not worth it. The 590 with a muffler mod and retuned is an animal. Figure in the cost and how it runs and it’s in a class by itself, at the head of that class.

Place in Hudson WI been running ads on CL. Nothing listed currently. But yeah I had to look twice figured it was a 490 at that price.

Let me know where you’re seeing new 590s for under $300, I’ll buy more.
To the OP.
You can’t pull the trigger because you’ve probably had a mindset that unless you buy a Pro saw it’s not worth it. The 590 with a muffler mod and retuned is an animal. Figure in the cost and how it runs and it’s in a class by itself, at the head of that class.
Makita PA? :crazy2::laughing:

go run it. unless it was abused you'll have a decent saw. you don't say what kind of money but 1/2 of new should work.

You've run my saw. Maybe if a Stihl guy says something nice about it he will give one a try.:crazy2:
i just waited till you got here James.:rolleyes:
i have run James 590 even before the port job and it ran right up there with my 036. i think it even noodled the big oak we were working on a bit better.

Latest posts

Back