WHY??? Craftsman 3.7

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Farley9n

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Why would a 3.7 Craftsman Auto Sharp be generating so much interest? I currently have 3 saws up for auction and that dammed old Craftsman has gotten more lookers than the other two vastly ( in my opinion ) more interesting and better saws combined. Nearly twice as many!
WHAT AM I MISSING??!! :jawdrop: .....Bob

The craftsman with the gimmick AS is way behind. :dizzy:

Somebody needed some free advertising eh. :D

JONSERED 70E $112.50
CRAFTSMAN 3.7ci. $11.50
ECHO 3000 - $61.00

All the lookers and not buyers bidding on the craftsman could be just us cheap homeowners looking for a deal.

That Craftsman!

So basically old PT was about right! I have done a search here and other places but still no clues. "Auto Dull" seems the concensus!

As to the free advertising: I guess I'll get some but that's not my style.

Thanks......Bob

As to the free advertising: I guess I'll get some but that's not my style.
Thanks......Bob

Just teasing you! Was interesting though, because I hadn't seen the 3.7 with auto sharp, only the smaller ones like a I gave away once.

Kevin

I would have let you run one.. It was back at the house. If I had only known. Auto dull is no longer. running .375 full chisel on it now.

craftsman 3.7

Why would a 3.7 Craftsman Auto Sharp be generating so much interest? I currently have 3 saws up for auction and that dammed old Craftsman has gotten more lookers than the other two vastly ( in my opinion ) more interesting and better saws combined. Nearly twice as many!
WHAT AM I MISSING??!! :jawdrop: .....Bob

I have one I need a magneto for it, mine's fried. You have one? As for all you others, I know long time no see, eh? I'm back thoough!:biggrinbounce2: ;) :hmm3grin2orange: :chainsawguy: :laugh:

...'cos... there a big chuck of the population that thinks Craftsman still means quality...

Yup, and that allows Sears to sell Poulan saws for $40 higher than Lowes or Farm Fleet and they dont even need to add autosharp anymore;)

Next will be the Sears Craftsman disposable saw. Shake for one minute after the ball begins to rattle and often during use. When the propelling gas is exhausted dispose of in a responsible manner.

Same as spray paint can, no need to relearn things:chainsawguy:

Might Be Me

I looked at it a few times to see what it was up to. I have one like it (Not powersharp) that my brother bought new in the '70s. the saw still runs good so I considered getting it for a parts saw since I doubt there is a new part for it in the world.
Sorry
Cannon

If that is in fact the Roper 3.7 sold under the Craftsman name,my dear old pappy had several of them,no auto sharp though.They were pretty gutsy saws for the day.The danged things had weak crankshafts.The old man twisted off two or three of them .Of course the old boy had tweeked the saws just tad bit,which might have had something to do with it.My youngest bro in Ky has the last he owned,so far so good,still in one piece.

Craftsman 3.7 Final Tally

Well it's over and on it's way to Ohio. Didn't even break $30. No problem though as it came in a Craig's list lot with 5 other saws for $50. Part that gets me though is that; I have been selling saws on that auction site for a few years, that was my # 281 saw, and no other saw has ever even came close to the 1107 lookers that that one had.
"GO FIGURE" !!!..............Bob:dizzy:

Back