Why do peple use dozers over track loaders?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL, I agree, but you wouldnt believe the buckets(probably more on rental machines) that ive seen with the whole bottom bowed down or broke out from some egit trying to pry out a stump.:dizzy:

They make light material buckets. That is a loader bucket that is oversized and used for large volume. Normally light material buckets are made of thinner metal and aren't designed for normal usage.

I was just wondering... I've always used a loader, and plan on continuing that way.But,it's pretty flat here too... Btw,high drive dozers like a 6R have a higher center of gravity than a 53 or 63. I think with single bar grousers you could take a loader anywhere a dozer could go. I've done it. If you tear a bucket off your just plain stupid. You dig under a stump, then push it out.

A 963 going where a D-6R goes? :laugh::laugh:
Nope aint going to happen.
It will be shiny side up in just a minute if you try to follow me!

A 963 going where a D-6R goes? :laugh::laugh:
Nope aint going to happen.
It will be shiny side up in just a minute if you try to follow me!

Depends on the way I run. And how steep it is. And the application. If you try to follow me through a mud hole,then you'll be stuck in be mud where I can push and pull my way out with a bucket. Your stuck with a blade. But, If I try to go up an 1.5:1 slope,youre right, I'm shiny side up. If you abre careful with turns,you could prolly follow a dozer up a 1.5:1 tho. 1:1 just ain't possible. A 6R is wider,and it won't go over as easy tho. I cut for clearing,not logging. if I was to log,the property owners would go insane with all the brush and stumps I would leave behind.

Back