Why don't any firewood sellers let their wood season??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
firewood if it could

PA, NJ, etc...humidity is brutal throughout the summer. Wood isn't going to season in just a couple months. Logs left to lay rot before they season. Cutting standing dead is one thing, but even that takes time with the humidity that frequently goes from 70-100% throughout the summer.

A lot of firewood sold here seems to come from tree services cutting green trees and dumping the rounds off or they sell firewood themselves.

I wouldn't doubt if there are a lot of the people who buy from these sellers don't know any better.

It's just irritating because any other business would be accused of fraud or deception for doing what a lot of firewood sellers do.

Selling green split wood at a discounted price is another way to be legit about it. Refusing to sell green wood at a discount because they sell it two months later as "seasoned" pisses me off, too. I understand why they do it, they get their full asking price for the same amount of work when they sell it later on.

Again this is why I have said that its simpler and
easier to sell firewood by the ton "which is legal"
with a scale ticket and even simpler with a
Chomper because sheared wood dries faster.

OK all you whiners. It's go to meeting time.
You want to HEAT WITH WOOD ? Get off your butt :bang: to make it a year-round operation. Make it your gestault. (Look it up)
What ever happened to self responsibility, caveat emptor, or get a life ?

Here 'tis:

1. If you're too lazy to go out year-round at odd times to scrounge or harvest, then buy your firewood.

1A. If you're buying firewood, get it when it is cut and green. Far enough in advance so that it will please you to burn. Then you don't worry about #####ing about "seasoned".

1C. N.B. : Loggers, developers, arborists WANT to get rid of much of the junk hardwood that they cut....right away. Investigate, ask, call, look without all this bleating :taped:. Be prepared to pick up after work, evenings, weekends. Many trunk-fulls over a year add up to a winter's wood. Wear suits, carry work clothes in trunk. Oh yes, bring work gloves.

This is not rocket science ( nor is Rocket Science ).

Now if you buy firewood, check out references. Get rid of that male t__ M²...it is worthless for firewood. Look at the wood first. Smell it. Pick it up. Knock a couple of sticks together. You got a brain ? Firewood is an inefficient, low BTU fuel. It takes space to store. Make space, or don't use firewood. Stick to oil or gas or electric.....more efficient.

So, if you want to call firewood sellers dishonest, try due diligence. First. All this whining about seasoned, unseasoned, dishonesty, cheating. Silly. You sound like the kids farting then asking: "who farted". :msp_confused:

I am done.

JMNSHO

Sorry all, I shared the post with a friend ( heavy equipment logger ). He told me that I need to express my opinion more forcefully.

Some other scrounge sources: highway/town/city crews, power companies especially following power outages, neighbors with some acreage that want trees taken down. Get with your cronys who also moan about those cheating wood sellers (evil I tell you, evil), have a saw GTG in someone's lot.

You have all these PU trucks, 36" bar saws, 69 ton splitters, and M² tools; use 'em. You know, you may find that busting your butt to heat your butt can be fun. (Or, just buy the GD C/S/D, stimulate the economy, and STHU ):msp_w00t:

JMNSHO

Latest posts

Back