Why In Spanish?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The hispanic voting block is not a problem if they vote as often as most young people in the country -- almost never. If the other 78% vote, then their 12% is not a problem, but what percent actually vote each election?

As you might guess, this is my big beef. People who complain, but will not exercise their right to change things. In our last national election I did a survey of my students to see how many voted. 10%!! and these were the older than average students in the group. We need a good draft to get people paying attention to the news and giving a damn about issues. Most people do not know what the issues are, let alone what is being done about them.

Enough for now.

The hispanic voting block is not a problem if they vote as often as most young people in the country -- almost never. If the other 78% vote, then their 12% is not a problem, but what percent actually vote each election?

As you might guess, this is my big beef. People who complain, but will not exercise their right to change things. In our last national election I did a survey of my students to see how many voted. 10%!! and these were the older than average students in the group. We need a good draft to get people paying attention to the news and giving a damn about issues. Most people do not know what the issues are, let alone what is being done about them.

Enough for now.

Bob, I can't agree enough!! This needed to be said. People really don't think their vote is worth anything. You would think with hanging chads and recounts that something would make them think that every last vote counts.

Enough for now.
good thing only legal's can vote!!! the Hispanic voting block is not a problem because most are here illegal. my vote goes to LXT!!! hay LXT please let me know who to vote for!!! seems like they all tell a good story until they get in:mad: it is so hard to follow I'm just :confused:

Yes, I agree 100 per cent with BCWetCoast about the language acceptance in Canada. English or French are indeed needed for your existance or daily transactions. All I'm trying to point out is the fact English is the spoken & accepted language in the United States of America. May it remain so, in persuit of life, liberty & happiness. Please stay tuned for more annoying verbalizations.

John464
Why should we deny those that wish to LEGALLY enter, the chance that was once
provided for our ancestors?

As the population density goes up our quality of life goes down. More wooded land,
open land and farms get turned in to housing. Once its gone its gone forever.
Deport the illegal’s and our schools will be able to provide a better education for
OUR CHILDREN. Same thing for hospitals.

juststumps
it's not that,,, around here,,,mommie and daddie are pulling in excess of $150,000 a year

The more the parents make the more important it is for the kids to get out and earn
some $$$. It’s the only way they can learn the value of a $. I never met a rich kid who
took care of the car his daddy bought him the way we took care of the cars we earned
working as kids. What happens once the kid hits 20-25? Is daddy going to buy him
everything for the rest of his life?

good thing only legal's can vote!!! the Hispanic voting block is not a problem because most are here illegal. my vote goes to LXT!!! hay LXT please let me know who to vote for!!! seems like they all tell a good story until they get in:mad: it is so hard to follow I'm just :confused:

Amen to that brother!! Ill tell ya this election is gonna be a tough one, no one wants to put their neck out there for whats right afraid of retaliation I guess!!! everyones busy bustin on the other guy!! As long as the very wealthy are running for office we are in trouble!!

we need; farmers, utility workers, truck drivers, tree trimmers, secretaries, nurses, laborers of all fields & people who wake up early every day to go make the doughnuts!!!! to run this country & be voted in to office!!

LXT..................

lxt,

Let us know when you file to run for office.

We will listen to your platform as we have here.

You are right that we need more commoners in office, but few want to run. Our last local election saw two town counsel members get voted in with one and two votes respectively. No one else had the time or desire to run. But we have had plenty of complaints since about the situation. It will be interesting to see if this spurs more of a race next time.

Back