Why is the 353,359,and 570 not classified as professional line(xp)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe they are made by a "sewing machine" company so technically they can't be pro "saws"...if you don't believe me search "husqvarna" on CL and see if you dont get a sewing machine before you see a "pro" saw...:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Yep good ol Electrolux.

better check your info.....that is out of date by about 4 yrs.

The only difference is in the cylinder. Dual port on the landowner saws versus quad ports on the professional saws. All are built on professional chasis 353 on 346, 359 on 357, and 570 on the 575 chasis.

i believe the 357 and 359 are also different in that one of them has crank stuffers to reduced case volume....
i just don't remember which one has 'em.

clean my house

I believe they are made by a "sewing machine" company so technically they can't be pro "saws"...if you don't believe me search "husqvarna" on CL and see if you dont get a sewing machine before you see a "pro" saw...:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

And the Stihls are made by a floor vacume company!:clap:

The only difference is that they don't have a Mahle topend.

Part of the Truth! The 365, which is the non XP version of the 371/372XP`s, has a Mahle top end. But obviosly that the difference is in the P/C area. As for open/closed ports, the 365 is rumored to have both. And the old 55, also comes with Mahle P/C. And in versions with closed/open ports.

Know the XP`s got more power, but think much of th price difference is because of marketing issues.
As for the "pro" Quality i think the 353,359,365 and 570 is up there with the XP`s.

As for the Sewing machines: Husqvarna has made them, long before anyone thought of Electrolux! The same matters for riffels, and Motorcycles.

In general terms the Husqvarna saws that I've seen over the years designated "HP" will have a split magnesium case, Mahle P/C, closed port, and clutch driven oiler.

Of course there are probably exceptions to this, but this applies to every "HP" saw I've had the opportunity to work with over the years.

"And the old 55, also comes with Mahle P/C. And in versions with closed/open ports."

I have two older 55's with the Mahle closed port P/C's. Aside from not having the clutch driven oiler, they have all the features typically found in an "HP saw......Cliff

Back