Why it's good to answer newb questions here!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But there is such a thing as a stupid answer. No question deserves a stupid answer.

And no question deserves a stupid smilie either!!!!

Especially if that is the only thing in the post!!!!!

Actually, that should apply to all posts, and most of the members here would lose half of their post count!!!!

But I digress......

Actually, that should apply to all posts, and most of the members here would lose half of their post count!!!!

But I digress......

Including you:hmm3grin2orange:

On the tractor site Im on, they thought my 034 was some super saw? I guess because it had a 20 inch bar?

On the tractor site I am on I had to stop posting because it was only a matter of time I got banned. Apparently, unlike AS, most sites don't tolerate a little brutal honesty.

Last edited:
Quote Originally Posted by some genius on a tractor site

if the chainsaw runs when needed its a good one . If its a race the stihl will win . Removing the drag or filing them down to low really doesn't hurt in any way except it raises the chance for kickback . If i was racing the drags would be removed and every other link wouldn't have a chisel this is called a skip chain in the south. chain like that is not for the faint of heart . I am the guy that ask the tree removal companies if they need to borrow a subdivision persons saw to get the job done . I listen to them cut 12 hours a day for three days with a poulan and a pioneer . I got tired of them keeping me awake so after asking if they needed a saw and getting told they had plenty of saw . i carried my 064 with h@l big bore kit and 36 inch bar fell the tree off the stump for them. When you aggitate like i do you got to be able to back it up. never knew i would need two big saws until the hurricanes came and i took off to help with the baptist mens association.

That's a real fart smeller there boys, y'all better listen to him.......jus sayin.......

Nearly every conceivable topic regarding chainsaws and then some has been discussed on this forum. Dumb questions/Dumb answers. A lazy newb is the worst..................

So Fish, are you saying a bad question doesn't deserve a smiley face OR only good questions? Or that half the posts need words added to the smileys?? or that people who only have a smiley to post didnt have anything to post to begin with???? I'm lost

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::msp_tongue::msp_tongue

But I digress......

What about metaphors?

I think I need to go over to the other site that Butch and I are both members of, and see what kind of Stihl that guy wants to race against my 372!!!!!

Mike

I got a PM from fellow member Butch(OH) asking if I'd seen this post on another site. It's a tractor forum that shall remain nameless to protect most of the innocent people there. Butch was nice enough to invite the offending poster here for the purpose of furthering his "education", but he hasn't taken Butch up on it.

At any rate, if we chase off the newbs with a gruff "do a search, it's been done 1,092 times", there's a chance of em running off to another site, and being educated by "experts" like this guy:

Originally Posted by some genius on a tractor site

"if the chainsaw runs when needed its a good one . If its a race the stihl will win . Removing the drag or filing them down to low really doesn't hurt in any way except it raises the chance for kickback . If i was racing the drags would be removed and every other link wouldn't have a chisel this is called a skip chain in the south. chain like that is not for the faint of heart . I am the guy that ask the tree removal companies if they need to borrow a subdivision persons saw to get the job done . I listen to them cut 12 hours a day for three days with a poulan and a pioneer . I got tired of them keeping me awake so after asking if they needed a saw and getting told they had plenty of saw . i carried my 064 with h@l big bore kit and 36 inch bar fell the tree off the stump for them. When you aggitate like i do you got to be able to back it up. never knew i would need two big saws until the hurricanes came and i took off to help with the baptist mens association."

Is he on Meth, or is he just plain stupid? :msp_confused:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back