Why it's good to answer newb questions here!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"There are no stupid questions. There are however stupid people that ask questions." SSG Fisher, Ft. Leonard Mo. 1990. Amazing some of the things that stick with from the military.LOL. In all seriousness I think most guys on this site are more than willing to help when it's a legit question. When I first found this site I to was a newb but now when I read some of the peoples questions I can actually answer them and for that I thank those who've helped me.

OK, then how do you use the search box thing?

I type something in, with a specific picture in my brain of what I want, and every little reply with a word of what I want pops up and there are 14 zillion replies listed, most all not related to what I wanted.

It is much easier just to ask. Searching sucks. It's kind of like the spell check, only worse. Examples: I put my bar in a vice. Please advice me on what to do. Etc....

(Obligatory chainsaw picture instead of emoticon)

View attachment 298098

OK, then how do you use the search box thing?

I type something in, with a specific picture in my brain of what I want, and every little reply with a word of what I want pops up and there are 14 zillion replies listed, most all not related to what I wanted.

It is much easier just to ask. Searching sucks. It's kind of like the spell check, only worse. Examples: I put my bar in a vice. Please advice me on what to do. Etc....

(Obligatory chainsaw picture instead of emoticon)

View attachment 298098

You can try to put your words in google or similar with the word arboristsite if you really can't figure out words that will work for you. Admittedly the search on this site is kind of poor in that it just points you to say a 20 page thread and you have to wander until a highlighted word pops up.

There was one today guy gets a husky 41 with a clutch issue he most likely intends on flipping. The same thing has been asked and I bet he could have found the pictures of the crankshaft with made in Sweden on them with the search. He hasn't even taken the clutch cover off before going to the keyboard and the internet.

And then there are the things that don't belong in the chainsaw section.

Fran

Latest posts

Back