Why Klotz?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rockymountainatv sells big jugs of oil pretty cheap usually, they have all the popular klotz and all that

That's where I get my Maxima, and also Klotz and Motul in the past.

I was at my local ACE Hardware and was surprised to see that they had 2 dusty 16oz. bottles of Maxima 927 on a shelf, for $12.97! It's $9.99 at rockmountain, but need to factor in shipping.

Wonder if that stuff can go bad with age?

klotz R50, Maxima K2, Motul 800 2T, Silkolene pro 2 SX, and ELF's sport 2 competition, are all top of the line ester synthetic oils. Pick one of these oils and you will never have a lubrication or carbon issue. you can find these oils at your local motorcycle shop.:cheers: Ester oils are #1 when it comes to maxim protection in a 2 cycle engine.... Stihl's Ultra isn't a bad oil by any stretch of the imagination, if you like it keep running it, but so far I like what I've seen from Klotz R50 and Makima K2.

Last edited:
klotz R50, Maxima K2, Motul 800 2T, Silkolene pro 2 SX, and ELF's sport 2 competition, are all top of the line ester synthetic oils. Pick one of these oils and you will never have a lubrication or carbon issue. you can find these oils at your local motorcycle shop.:cheers: Ester oils are #1 when it comes to maxim protection in a 2 cycle engine.... Stihl's Ultra isn't a bad oil by any stretch of the imagination, if you like it keep running it, but so far I like what I've seen from Klotz R50 and Makima K2.

Yes, Andyshine77 has the good list, here, I'd add BelRay H1R too. I'm using (ratio 20:1) Klotz Original Techniplate and Klotz Benol 50/50 in the handheld leaf Blower (old Ryobi 31cc 1996) since March and so far no fouled plugs, starts 1 pull, I've even got it set a little rich and only a slight soft brown carbon on piston top no varnish on skirt rings are free. Will check again in November. Smells so good I want to drink it. I just do this experiments mostly out of curiosity. If the leaf blower looks OK them I'm going with this in everything.

Latest posts

Back