Why RM2 On MS361 ??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blis, at which angle did you cut, and how long were the curlies/chips, when doing that?

Different sorts of trees may also act differently - I was referring to birch...

it was my dad cuttin it, but it was straight along the grain... and chips were something like 8cm long or something..

SawTroll said:
Sorry, obviously not making myself clear enough - I was not talking of mill use, but ripping from the side, making those loooong curly fries......

I'll bite... Why?? I make curly fries once a year to line my duck nest boxes with, but...

O.k...., I assume you are not buying a 660 to make curly fries, but why slice the logs that way - is it just to avoid the need to split them with a wedge?

Andy, it is in fact just a small part of the cutting, used for heavily knotted and/or twisted wood, and croutches - which there are plenty of in our birches.

The saw should be able to do it without any hazzle, but it will not be the main use.....

Have a nice week-end, we are off to the cottage pretty soon now....:greenchainsaw:

SawTroll said:
PS-7900 is out because of the dealer etc issue, and no heated handles version.

Hi Sawtroll,

in Germany there is a PS-7900H version with heated handles. I can't imagine Dolmar not exporting the "H" versions to Norway, or don't the dealers know about them?

Bye

Monkeyhanger said:
Hi Sawtroll,

in Germany there is a PS-7900H version with heated handles. I can't imagine Dolmar not exporting the "H" versions to Norway, or don't the dealers know about them? ...
You are right that "H" versions of the 7900 and several other models are listed in Germany.

As far as I know, there are only one dealer in Norway - the same as the importer.
Oddly enough, they do not list the "H" versions on their website, but it would have been worth looking further into, if it wasn't for the other issues keeping me away from Dolmar......:bang:

SawTroll said:
You are right that "H" versions of the 7900 and several other models are listed in Germany.

As far as I know, there are only one dealer in Norway - the same as the importer.
Oddly enough, they do not list the "H" versions on their website, but it would have been worth looking further into, if it wasn't for the other issues keeping me away from Dolmar......:bang:

strange indeed... but IMO i wouldnt get a saw without heated handles here, im too fond of my fingers :)

Back