Why such long bars

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
they say, theres some that do and some that teach.. i wouldnt be much good at either with that size tree... by the way ,,that they fella,, is dead wrong in my opinion ,,as a good teacher of anything,, has my respect..

Does anyone here have a picture of a saw with a 72" bar on it? That would be insane looking.

That saw was sold and photographed by none other than Doug Blabercock. He has sold tons of those 090's . He sold so many that thanks to him they stopped selling them in Canada. What a guy.

There's alot guy's I talk to working a landing with a bad back. With a longer bar on a small powerhead, it can keep you from having to stoop over. If you've ever had a sore or bad back this can be a pain saver, and it lets a guy work who might not be able to otherwise.

baileys_logo_arboristsite_1.gif

Grande Dog
Master Mechanic
Discount Arborist Equipment and Tree Care Supplies

Last edited:
Mark,
You forgot to mention that my saw in my picture was photgraphed in my house, on my table, posted via my computer using one of my AS handles.

What's all this thing about handles I was under the impression they are user names. Handles are for truckers like in Smokey and the Bandit.

Lamebert's Handle was Clyde In Every which way but Loose. I also understand the same monkey drove a rocket ship at one time.
Good Buddy.

Hey
Opposite down here lots of boys running long bars on 088's
I think the are compinsating for the lack of something!!!!!!
I run 14" climber, 16" ground and a 3' on my 394 for big stumps
"Old Arborist don't die they just get smaller saws"
Not that I"m old!
John

Why dont you guys cut the tree of 2' above ground, then pul out the stump. Im not talking to you residential guys, but loggers or clearers?

ehp said:
here you do everything and that means limbing
the last job i did i had to cut and skid by myself with a 740 deere john, so i got to cut hemlock most of the time in 4 feet of snow
the trees average just under 1000 board feet per tree
with 72.4 trees perday for the 21 week period. I was working by the day the other skidder gangs were working by the tree so they wanted to stay away from the hemlock

Does anybody think this can be done????

Rick

ehp said:
here you do everything and that means limbing
the last job i did i had to cut and skid by myself with a 740 deere john, so i got to cut hemlock most of the time in 4 feet of snow
the trees average just under 1000 board feet per tree
with 72.4 trees perday for the 21 week period. I was working by the day the other skidder gangs were working by the tree so they wanted to stay away from the hemlock

Now if you read this close,the trees are on the average of 1000 bf per tree.1000 bf is about the same as 2 cord.So that would be about 144.8 cord per day to cut down limb and skid per day in 4 feet of snow.That would be 7, 20 cord semi loads a day,it takes a big semi to hold 20 cord.

This post can be found in this thread on post no#31

Rick

woodfarmer said:
i see someone is digging up old dirt, thats only 9 trees per hour in an 8 hour day, this woodtick does 4.5 trees per hour in 2 feet of snow so i guess i'm half way there.

Hey woodfarmer, How much gas does it take to cut limb and take the top out of one tree with 1000 bf in it? (in 4 feet of snow) I would say 1 tank or more.So that looks like it would be 9 tanks an hour or more. That would only be 72 tanks in an 8 hour day.

Rick

Back