Why the hell would I want a chainsaw??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Forsh

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Nothing to talk about really, but I've notice quite a few of you guys like to postscript a list of the saws you own, so I've decided to try it myself...

Your general views on any of the saws listed are appreciated, bear in mind if you'd asked me in February I didn't have, nor had I ever owned, a chainsaw!

Do you think I'm hooked?

Dan

Husqvarna 161 (I think)
Husqvarna 281 XP
McCulloch 10-10
Danarm 55 Auto
Sachs Dolmar 108
Stihl 08-S
Stihl 028AV
Stihl 041AV
Stihl TS360 (not a chainsaw but makes the same sound)

Used to own:
Husqvarna 40
Husqvarna 242 XP
Castor 330

I've tried to be detached about it, but as you can see I've only sold three of them.

They are all my children.

As a besides, this is one of my children with one of my children. No animal was harmed in the making of this picture.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't really have homicidal tendancies, but try to sleep without leaving anything hanging out of the bed.

Only 12 since February? Not bad.Your gonna have to pick sides also; Only two makes count, Stihl and Husky, others dont matter. Just fill in the rest of the blank areas here and submit. H______ are junk and S_____ are the best.

:angry: put the darts away boys, just kidden.

Husky 161?

I have never heard of a Husky 161.
There has been 162, 61, 61 Rancher, 262 and 261 - maybe it is one of these models you have?

SawTroll said:
I have never heard of a Husky 161.
There has been 162, 61, 61 Rancher, 262 and 261 - maybe it is one of these models you have?

Niko, you forgot 160s and 163CD ;)

http://***************/treehouse/files/hpim0827_834.jpg
http://***************/treehouse/files/hpim0828_114.jpg
http://***************/treehouse/files/hpim0826_749.jpg

Mange said:
Niko, you forgot 160s and 163CD ;)
Well, sort of forgot maybe, I left out the 362 also.
I though that the saw he has probably is either a 61, 162 or 261, and left out those belonging to older and newer saw "families". ;)

Mange, I think you need to change "collector" to something else. It doesn't quite capture the essence. Some of the other guys here are "collectors", but you are a step (or ten) above.

Mange, you are a very sick man :p . No one, except me (lol), should be allowed to have that many chainsaws.

BTW, where do you live, & when are going on vacation? You raise small dogs, right? Okay, maybe that's not funny :blob5: .

Last edited:
I was on meds a while back, special blend from MC Bob.
Need I say it did not work.
:)
BTW
They are a cross between pit bull and Irish wolf dog's.
I also have a habit of greeting folks wit the shotgun, a good ice breaker :p
;)

Not to worry, you are welcome any day!

I put together a 535 and a 490 (I think or 590) today, a few more then I have the top shelf full of Jonny B goodies.

Back