WIFE: Can I run the splitter?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought guys split wood to get away from their wives. I'm so confused. :dizzy:

I thought guys split wood to get away from their wives. I'm so confused. :dizzy:

No, that's why we hunt and fish. No sense trying to get away from the wife when you're running a splitter in the yard. She can just keep an eye on you from the window, and THAT'S no fun! :D :D

Only on rare occasion (yes, it does happen), 99% of the time I split wood because it makes her happy. A happy wife = happy hubby.

No sense trying to get away from the wife when you're running a splitter in the yard

Yeah, but I'll take the drone of the splitter over the drone of her biotchin any day. :clap:

Lucky Lucky man. I constantly tell my wife I'm going to sue her for false advertising. When we were dating she helped out on her family's farm and acerage (atleast I thought she did)....now that we have property, notta. Aww, she helps out in other ways though, she brought out lunch to me the other day when I was cutting, she keeps Junior occupied when I'm cutting.....it works for us.

Lucky, Lucky man!

Last edited:
the last woman i went steady with thought a chainsaw was a tool for some kind of barbarian. hahaha i didn't like her gucci or prada accessories.

I, like a lot of you, married me a redneck woman. lol she get's right out there and helps split/stack the firewood.. actually she helps out with most of the work around our property.. from cuttin grass around the house (she won't do the tractor still) to workin on weed control and in the garden. What's really nice is on occasion, my best friend comes over with his g/f and me and him go out and cut and haul loads back to the house, while my wife and his g/f split and stack it.. it's nothing for us to do 1 1/2cords a day when we get into like that.

My wife used to like to fish with me, but she feels bad for the worms, loves hooking fish though. I have not had to stack the firewood in two years, she's a good girl, wanted to do it for exercise.

My wife said she had better learn to drive the tractor in case I get laid up or am not home.....this just keeps getting better...except I don't get to use my own toys anymore!!!:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

My wife wanted me to split all the wood in small pieces for the OWB (I'd rather have large chunks) in case she needed to load the furnace. OK I did even though the voice in my head laughed.......She loaded the OWB 3-4 times the entire winter

Back