Will Strato charged motors be less reliable long term?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do know the stihl ts500i concrete saw is a injection saw fuel is pumped by crank case pressure going to a diaphragm and check system like all pumped carbs. But it is metered by temp to tune the fuel ot air ratio. It is very convenient without a choke it does start easy at 0* temp. And is responsive cold start or or properly warmed up. But it isnt a chainsaw
not yet anyway...... at least not for sale yet.

Be prepared to be surprised then. FI is well on its way. 4 mix is their design/innovation. No matter where mtronic has come from, it is patent and it is now their's, and like it or not, it works, and works well. You ask for technology/innovation, and that is what I have for you. If you ever went to VA Beach to see the plant, I think you would be impressed by the RD dept, as well as the whole operation. Stihl has a lot invested in the US operations, and they feed a lot of families here as well. Sorry if some here see me as brand biased/ or a fanboy, but we have a lot invested with Stihl, and they have always done right by us. That is worth a bunch to my families' business.
Four mix is hardly an innovation. Total loss lubricated four strokes were around in the 1920's and earlier..

Be prepared to be surprised then. FI is well on its way. 4 mix is their design/innovation. No matter where mtronic has come from, it is patent and it is now their's, and like it or not, it works, and works well. You ask for technology/innovation, and that is what I have for you. If you ever went to VA Beach to see the plant, I think you would be impressed by the RD dept, as well as the whole operation. Stihl has a lot invested in the US operations, and they feed a lot of families here as well. Sorry if some here see me as brand biased/ or a fanboy, but we have a lot invested with Stihl, and they have always done right by us. That is worth a bunch to my families' business.
I have no doubt that many companies have new technologies on the way. Some of them have new stuff on the market too. If if's and and's were pots and pans there'd be no work for tinkers.

I asked about innovations in chainsaws that Stihl had developed recently and you gave me other stuff. Of course you had no other choice except to admit there weren't any.

I agree inovation sells. Me im not geek squad and computers hate me. Im a wrench turner not a button pusher, well i do push my wifes buttons but im magic when it come to older stuff. So im happy to se lots of ppl dropping there old carbed engines for new self tune items cause its more affordable for me with 7 children

Yes Stihl was always fair with dealers and end users in Canada .
Fred Whyte who was the president at VB till just recently was my boss at Stihl Canada some years back....great guy !!

When are we going to be taxed for oil sling pollution? Then they will come up with carbon or graphite bar n chain powder injection too. Then after that they will make some polycarbonate 4 cycle ohc engines like the honda gcx that will have a multiple slinger application one on the cam and the crank to so they can run an engine at any angle and not run any part dry and to exclude the use of 2 cycle mix in the fuel like stihls lil pole pruner and weedwhip. Engines

This is getting better. Its not all name calling and crap. It back to saws and pollution mix ratio. This is the kinda stuff i like. One day i will be smart enough to fi d the unlike button on this site. Till then il just learn stuff from everyone here on AS

You know what's a shame.... we probably won't see many more True zenoah designs. The old school zenoah is top notch stuff. The redmax g5000 (non strato) is a very impressive saw. Those who have them know. The gz4000 is way strong with a muffler mod. I'd be happy if all I had was their stuff. They, I'm sure, have dissapointed far fewer people than husqvarna or stihl.

You know what's a shame.... we probably won't see many more True zenoah designs. The old school zenoah is top notch stuff. The redmax g5000 (non strato) is a very impressive saw. Those who have them know. The gz4000 is way strong with a muffler mod. I'd be happy if all I had was their stuff. They, I'm sure, have dissapointed far fewer people than husqvarna or stihl.
I agree. I really like their designs.

Thats all Tanaka and zenoha did was specialize in 2 cycle engine design from 20cc for rc boats and cars to stand up scooters like goped and with some accessories they were a strong screemin lil motor. A 26cc engine on a friction drive no clutch scooter would get a 200lb person moving no prob

Latest posts

Back