Will Strato charged motors be less reliable long term?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're one arrogant little sob.

I've had flip caps fall apart, have had a few tanks that deformed so the cap would no longer fit, and the cap on my fs110 was recalled. It's simply another part Stihl prioritized. Stihl flip caps are absurd and needlessly over engineered pos. A stupid design for stupid homeowners that use their equipment once a year. aka you!!
Says you, don't mistake my confidence for arrogance. I would highly suggest if you don't like my posts you put me on "ignore" . we heat 3 large homes and 2 large shops with firewood. So I would say we cut some wood, and probably need to run our saws quite a bit in the winter..... Judging by your anger on the issue, you must be one that really struggles with the ever so complicated flippy cap. You sure seem to be a little of the jealous type, always thought you were a decent guy, guess your just another DIK here.......... Hope the rest of your day gets better for you.

I'm sure cylinder pressure vs. crank angle data exists, but I don't have any so there's no point debating it.

Edit: I just looked at an old cylinder, and yes it does have exhaust deposits in the upper transfers. I also re-read a document about modeling transfer flow on a strato, and it describes flow of exhaust gas into the transfers when the transfer ports first open. Unfortunately it doesn't say how long this lasts, but the implication is clearly that it does not delay the fresh charge very long compared to the column of fresh air in the transfer runners.
Interesting. I have never seen this.

Says you, don't mistake my confidence for arrogance. Judging by your anger on the issue, you must be one that really struggles with the ever so complicated flippy cap. .
Seriously!
Quick google search

"It’s important to understand the differences between arrogance and confidence, because no one likes to deal with arrogant people. Both arrogant and confident people entail a strong belief in their own abilities. Those with confidence can easily overcome fears and uncertainty. Moreover, they have a positive and optimistic vision that makes them strong and admirable. Sometimes over-confidence turns into arrogance and it is a big weakness. Arrogant people usually view themselves as superior and never admit their mistakes. Read on to find out the difference between arrogance and confidence."

I call arrogance.

And to act like flippy caps have never been problematic is just plain dumb!!!

Seriously!
Quick google search

"It’s important to understand the differences between arrogance and confidence, because no one likes to deal with arrogant people. Both arrogant and confident people entail a strong belief in their own abilities. Those with confidence can easily overcome fears and uncertainty. Moreover, they have a positive and optimistic vision that makes them strong and admirable. Sometimes over-confidence turns into arrogance and it is a big weakness. Arrogant people usually view themselves as superior and never admit their mistakes. Read on to find out the difference between arrogance and confidence."

I call arrogance.

And to act like flippy caps have never been problematic is just plain dumb!!!
Sorry I don't need to " google" anything, unlike 75% of the population. Those that know me, know that I am far from arrogant. Furthermore, you don't get to far in my line of business being arrogant, we are very good/successful at what we do for a reason.

wow, you have more 362 repairs in this thread than my shops have seen in a couple of years. i guess i never knew it was such a problematic model for stihl. i will look today and see how many crank assemblies BRYAN EQUIP. has warranted in the last couple of years.
doubt you will find many warranty claims on 261/362 cranks as Stihl claims it is operator error that is causing the problems. I tried to get them warrantied through the local dealer when they started showing up at my shop. Stihl also only warrantied one batch of the fuel solenoids then told them that no more would be covered. These saws are coming from a national power line trimming company so maybe that is why stihl wont warranty anything for them. I am hard pressed to see how big end rod bearing failures and grooves wore into the crank from the clutch bearing are anything but a warranty item but i dont own a billion dollar company either.

doubt you will find many warranty claims on 261/362 cranks as Stihl claims it is operator error that is causing the problems. I tried to get them warrantied through the local dealer when they started showing up at my shop. Stihl also only warrantied one batch of the fuel solenoids then told them that no more would be covered. These saws are coming from a national power line trimming company so maybe that is why stihl wont warranty anything for them. I am hard pressed to see how big end rod bearing failures and grooves wore into the crank from the clutch bearing are anything but a warranty item but i dont own a billion dollar company either.
I would be curious to know what it is they are doing with these saws to cause continual failure. Usual Stihl takes VERY good care of these large accounts. I rarely even feel the need any more to contact my rep on these issues with big accounts. There is hardly ever an issue getting things covered. That's what makes me wonder if your customer has abused the warranty process through another dealer? Can you post some pics of the cranks?? Also maybe I could get some customer info from you, and see what comes up on the data base??? Thank you

You are a broken record. It is subtle, and obviously beyond your comprehension. You are like the Ape spreading disinformation because you cannot figure it out. You have a theory that is based on nothing but conjecture and after the fact observations. You are just displaying your stubbornness and lack of mechanical ability to THINK.

My father was a lawyer from Brooklyn, NY. He used to tell me, "Son, never get into a fight with someone with nothing to lose." Well, Brad, I have nothing to lose here. I am not making money off of fools sending me saws to do pop-up mods on (which I believe are inferior to cut squish mods, but that is another topic). You are simply wrong. Nothing you have claimed has convinced me otherwise, and everything I have seen from Stihl makes perfect sense to me. And unlike you, I was a rocket scientist. Or rather, engineer. Yes, I delve in the virtual world of design using computer simulation, modeling, prototyping, theory, science and math. I am very good at it. I have multiple engineering and science degrees from multiple respected universities. I know that does not resonate herein the world of blue collar hacks, but I really do not care. I have time to refute your claims, as I will continue to do. I say in your face, Bubba. You are wrong.
I totaly agree with the statement that pop up pistons are a hack move..for several reasons.

Sorry I don't need to " google" anything, unlike 75% of the population. Those that know me, know that I am far from arrogant. Furthermore, you don't get to far in my line of business being arrogant, we are very good/successful at what we do for a reason.

anchorman-ron-burgundy.jpg

Sure. You're a legend in your own underwear. I heard you're so full of hot air you've managed to effectively stratocharge your boxer shorts....

I sort of had you figured for a guy who'd be pretty much all finished up in just 2 strokes too....

They do take very good care of this company on new equipment and sending factory reps out to do training sessions. If you knew what they paid for saws it might make more sense why they dont warranty them. I sent the saws up to a stihl dealer to let them do what i thought was a warranty issue. The stihl dealer told me they see it all the time from that company and it was not a warranty issue. they had already tried turning them in and it was denied. This came from one of the better stihl dealers in my area. The company told me the same thing...they had tried to get them warrantied before and failed. So now we just fix them.

here are the pics....same issues on every saw http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/stihl-261-and-362-crank-problems.260773/ They dont have any issues with their 200T or 361 saws though so that leads me to believe it is a quality issue on the clutch drum bearing wear and either a quality or oil issue on big end bearing failures.

They do take very good care of this company on new equipment and sending factory reps out to do training sessions. If you knew what they paid for saws it might make more sense why they dont warranty them. I sent the saws up to a stihl dealer to let them do what i thought was a warranty issue. The stihl dealer told me they see it all the time from that company and it was not a warranty issue. they had already tried turning them in and it was denied. This came from one of the better stihl dealers in my area. The company told me the same thing...they had tried to get them warrantied before and failed. So now we just fix them.

here are the pics....same issues on every saw http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/stihl-261-and-362-crank-problems.260773/ They dont have any issues with their 200T or 361 saws though so that leads me to believe it is a quality issue on the clutch drum bearing wear and either a quality or oil issue on big end bearing failures.
can't explain the rod failure, other than the person mixing fuel is lazy? The clutch drum deal is obviously chain way too tight, and little to no grease on the bearing as others here have stated. Are the saws mtronic or carb models?

Not jabbing at anyone, and certainly not you. Just saying I agree with that statement.
I do think your a complete douche, but that's neither here nor there.
And I care what you think of me why? I guess it certainly takes one to know one in your case. And yeh you and your SH girlfriends' are jabbing at someone. I just love how that whole POS site completely revolves around what goes on here.

Back