Will the 266xp except the 272xp cylinder?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zorak

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Will the 266xp accept the 272xp cyl and piston? I know it the same stroke and just wondering if it fit under the cover and line up and accept the carb as well.

Thanks doug

*accept*

Sorry, I had a couple rough teachers that drilled it into me. I'll shut up now.

the 272 uses smaller thread intake bolts, and a different intake block. i am building a 61 old style 272 hybred. i like the 272 carb cause its 1 mm larger bore to handle the extra cc and rpm.

you will need to cut up your top cover to fit a 272 air filter or use the 266 intake elbow and flat style air filter. i built a few of these now and love em, let me know if you have any more questions

you will need to cut up your top cover to fit a 272 air filter or use the 266 intake elbow and flat style air filter. i built a few of these now and love em, let me know if you have any more questions

Cool thanks for the info. Be using the elbow off of my carb so I dont have to mess with the cover.

I believe the most streightforward way is to change the carb and intake, as well as the top end to 272xp parts.

However, you still have the top cover issue to solve.....

I believe the most streightforward way is to change the carb and intake, as well as the top end to 272xp parts.

However, you still have the top cover issue to solve.....

Even If use the 266xp airfilter mount? What am I gonna have to do to the cover?

my hybred 272 is using a 266 cover. its an older 272 jug without the decom and no trimming is needed.the newer 272 decom jug im not sure about it.
If I get jug with a docom I'll just plug it and not use it. I if usee the 272 muffler then I'll trim it.

Latest posts

Back