Wind Storm Damage From The Weekend Before April 25/05

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beast12

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
This is what I did today. A tree (Manitoba Maple) fell over into another one that was leaning over a customer's house. We had high winds on the weekend and that is what caused it. Also, the tree it fell into had a split in the bottom crotch from this tree crashing into it. Going to cut that one down tomorrow.

It took about 3 hours to cut down the tree that was stuck in the other one. It was over top of a house and was supported by 3 ropes (minimum) and up to 5 ropes (maximum). Safety first! :)

Here's some pics...

-Matt

Hey Matt, it's cool to see you posting pics at a friendly size! Thanks!

One question! Whassup with the power pruner? :Eye:

I resized just for you, I know how much you like 'em small. :)

If you look at a few of the pictures you will see the the lower boom (on the truck) is almost straight up. Now imagine the upper boom straight out. That is the extent of my reach out. My dad bought the truck and it does not have over centre. :rolleyes: Plus it is a GMC. I was not impressed.

He could have bought a Ford with over-centre and already painted blue (our company colour) for about the same price. His reason why he didn't: the engine smoked a little. :rolleyes:

So, I have learned to use the tools I have until I get a truck with over centre. Plus, with me being 6'3" and have the power pole saw it is almost like having over-centre! :)

-Matt

Back