Winter caught me off guard

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave_dj1

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Sort of! LOL
I was digging some wood out of the snowbank today to stack over by the outdoor stove and was thinking "how nice it was a couple of weeks ago with just a dusting to move wood". I couldn't use my little forklift so I loaded up the truck and backed around the other side of paradise to unload it, after I plowed a spot for it.
I will admit I got a late start on my wood, I wasn't a hundred percent sure I was even going to burn wood at the house, I had thought about moving it back to the garage.
The "plan" is for next year to have a woodshed covering part of the stove and allowing me to have 3-4 cords stacked under cover. In case you haven't followed my wood gathering, most of it came at short notice and about 6 dump trailer loads of both split and unsplit got scattered around on the back yard. I have about 5-6 cord stacked but kind of off the beaten path with all this snow.
take care,
dave

hey just a heads up next heating season 9 mos away!!

AAAkk! 9 months..hadn't stopped to think of that. well, I'm hauling, need to get to splitting and stacking I guess.

hey just a heads up next heating season 9 mos away!!
I know right? LOL
I'm usually pretty good about being prepared but with all my physical ailments it's a wonder I can get anything done alone.
Bad knee (operated on 5 times) and two herniated disks in my lower back) plus I'm getting older by the minute...LOL
As I said, I'm very thankful I have wood, even if it's buried.
dave

At least you have wood available. It's one thing to have buried wood that you can't get to, and quite another thing to be out scrounging for it in deep snow because you have none. Poor planning either way yes, but at least you have the option to hire someone to plow you a path to your wood piles if you aren't able to do it yourself.

I knew I didn't move enough wood down to the house. This is a time-consuming part of the job for me given the location of the house and the layout of the property. It always ends up competing with other late season projects that have to get done, like rebuilding stone paddock walls, resetting posts and re-constructing gates before it gets too cold to set concrete and mortar. And of course the steady stream of equipment maintenance projects. I still have a fair amount on the porch yet, and more just a short walk from there. If the snow clears enough to get the loader across the field to the tree line I have another cord of oak covered there.

maybe you can borrow ( brush ape ) bobcat with his never ending log!!! wait i need it first ive only have 6 trees cut down need 24 more

Latest posts

Back