Wiseco piston update from Baileys

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stag Arms AR-15. I built this from scratch. It's setup for varminting. It's a fluted unlined barrel. I was more concerned about accuracy than longevity. I will not be using it for rapid fire anyway. I'd like to put a nice stock on it yet. Fluted h-bar, light single-stage trigger, 4-14 mil-dot side focus scope, Yankee Hill floating tube, Vortex flash supressor, Hogue rubber grip.

Nice, Brad. Fellow black smoke-poler here.

Armalite M-15A4(T) with factory 2-stage trigger, a Brownells pistol grip, 3 lb. lead butt stock weight, Leupold VX-III 4.5x14 tactical 1/4 moa mil dot with sunshade, Harris bipod. I can pretty much write my name with it at any distance. She's built heavy for benchrest or prone. Way too heavy for offhand even when you sling up with the coat on... This along with a Browning Hi-Power Practical .40s&w with Hogue grips are the main squeezes around here... there are others...

Business in the front
attachment.php

Window seat
attachment.php

The furniture, fits me nice. Considered a 3 way butt plate and if I ever convert this gun to Hi-Power spec, I'll add it.
attachment.php

Nice, Brad. Fellow black smoke-poler here.

Armalite M-15A4(T) with factory 2-stage trigger, a Brownells pistol grip, 3 lb. lead butt stock weight, Leupold VX-III 4.5x14 tactical 1/4 moa mil dot with sunshade, Harris bipod. I can pretty much write my name with it at any distance. She's built heavy for benchrest or prone. Way too heavy for offhand even when you sling up with the coat on... This along with a Browning Hi-Power Practical .40s&w with Hogue grips are the main squeezes around here...

Nice, now you need a honey comb shade on the front of that mildot scope.
I like the highpower too, it's my choice for CCW.
attachment.php

all this time my wife thought I was one of a kind.

I have been into so many different hobbies over the past 22 years of our married life.
radio control airplanes, then boats.. then snowsleds,then photography, then Jeeps.. Now guns and chainsaws.. Oh wait now is also New bassboat and fishing..
I just thank the good lord that I have a very understanding wife. I have spent literally tens of thousands of dollars on toys over the years..
And just think Valentines day is next Sunday.. and where will I be? Hog Hunting in South Carolina...

rc airplanes - Yes
rc boats - Dad does
snowsleds - Quads
photography - Yes
Jeeps - Trucks
guns - Yes
chainsaws - Yes

I have to add computers to the mix.

I see a theme here:clap:

Chainsaws collected over 4 Years.
Cameras about 6 years. (Nikon Mostly)
Firearms 40+ years (Don't Ask)
Diesel Trucks, Just For Fun.

rc airplanes - Yes
rc boats - Dad does
snowsleds - Quads
photography - Yes
Jeeps - Trucks
guns - Yes
chainsaws - Yes

I have to add computers to the mix.

I see a theme here:clap:

rc cars- about 50 of them
quad- yes
cameras- 3
cars- 3-
guns- over 10
saws- over 30

holy crap!

rc airplanes - not yet
rc boats - yes
Trials motorcycles - yes
photography - Yes
guns - Yes
chainsaws - Yes
Computers- yes

I also did a lot hiking when I was in my 20's I took this pick on a long hike about 8 years back.

attachment.php

Birds of a feather flock together. :cheers:

Last edited:
airplane - Private, Instrument, Commercial
snowmobile - yep
photography - yep
Jeeps - Trucks
guns - yep
chainsaws - yep

Last edited:
rc airplanes - not yet
rc boats - yes
Trials motorcycles - yes
photography - Yes
guns - Yes
chainsaws - Yes
Computers- yes

I also did a lot hiking when I was in my 20's I took this pick on a long hike about 8 years back.

attachment.php

Birds of a feather flock together. :cheers:
That is gorgeous, where is it

I'm glad this thread has found a happy place.
Now that we're onto guns and photography...

My Tikka T3 Stainless Varmint (5 shot mag) in .25/06 Rem with Bausch & Lomb 4-16x50 Elite 4000 scope.

DSCF0579.jpg

My Win Mod 70 in .22/250 40° Ackley Improved with 27" Kreiger barrel and Japanese Nikko 4.5-14x50 scope.

DSCF0578.jpg

My CZ Model 527 in .222 Rem (5 shot mag) with Japanese Nikko 4.5-14x50 scope.

DSCF0580.jpg

And my Ruger 77/22 with 6x40 Tasco scope. Beautiful little gun and one for the grandkids...

DSCF0581.jpg

And some photos my fiance took with her Nikon D70 in Tasmania, Australia. Not the best camera around but does the job nicely..

Mount Field National Park.

MtFieldNationalPark8.jpg

A Tasmanian Devil. Awesome little creatures but you can see in their eyes that all they want to do is jump out of their enclosure and bite your hand off. One of the toughest jaw strengths of any mammal. You can also see that they like fighting by all their scars. A couple were fighting while we were there. Poor little fella looks depressed! The noise they make is chilling...

TrowunnaWildlifeSanctuary2.jpg

And a bit of reflection at a place called Franklin, south of Hobart, Tasmania.

Franklin3.jpg

And a big mother of a gum. Not sure of height but pretty tall...

CradleMountain6.jpg

Last edited:
That Reflection shot is my new desktop background, I hope you don't mind mcw.

Fine by me mate :) PM me if you want the the 2.5MB version and I'll email it to you.

Here are some more...

Franklin.jpg

Franklin4.jpg

Franklin14.jpg

Franklin13.jpg

Oh and better chuck a chainsaw one in for good measure.
Mate using my 3120 on a big pine log...

DSC_0043-1.jpg

Last edited:
I'm waiting for him, he better not come my way.:chainsaw:

Andy posting your 10/22 made want to show off this one! Check out the wood on this sucker....Had no intentions of buying a 10/22 when I walked into that gun shop and the owner says all excited "check out this 10/22 I just unpacked, I don't get many that look like this one." I says ahhhhh that's going home with me.

It's all stock except an extended mag release....Those 30 round mags are hard to get out with that factory mag release! :givebeer:

22.jpg

Latest posts

Back