Wiseco piston update from Baileys

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice boat. Here is mine. Its a 1964 Johnson Tri-hull.

attachment.php

Sweet 1964!!! Tryed to give ya rep for that but it wouldnt let me.....Pullin mine is like tryin to pull a Cat. Dozer....It's that heavy.... Thanks for the pic...Nice................

I did it once,,the stuff is heavy,,,gotta big gap to mud,,well,,,I'm lost there especially to do corners,,and make it all sand down to look even...Stipes would never be a carpenter.....I just dont have the patience for that....

It's all about hiring good finishers, Mexicans have ruined the market here so, good finishers are easily hired, if you actually pay a decent wage. I sub all my boardwork out at .85/ft five years ago it was $1.10/ft I've heard the tacos are doing it at .65/ft

Sweet 1964!!! Tryed to give ya rep for that but it wouldnt let me.....Pullin mine is like tryin to pull a Cat. Dozer....It's that heavy.... Thanks for the pic...Nice................

Thanks. Mine seems to be a light boat. Its 17' and its got a 1984 Johnson 115hp on it. Moves it along pretty good.

Let me know if I'm wrong,,but....

Thanks. Mine seems to be a light boat. Its 17' and its got a 1984 Johnson 115hp on it. Moves it along pretty good.

Your's look like to be the Johnson Deluxe Runabout ,,made from 1962 to 1969.The full wrap windshield....The first models had this cut out in the middle in front of the bow..Yours is a very,,very nice example of now days that people dont see of what OMC put into their design so many years ago...

I take that back..Evinrude sweet 16......I kept lookin at the hul line......Yours gotta be a Evinrude hull....

Last edited:
as long as we are showing off toys

374548896.jpg

It is a bit more modern. Has a 150 merc on the back. Not a race boat but they are for fishing not racing anyhow.It will run low 60s

Your's look like to be the Johnson Deluxe Runabout ,,made from 1962 to 1969.The full wrap windshield....The first models had this cut out in the middle in front of the bow..Yours is a very,,very nice example of now days that people dont see of what OMC put into their design so many years ago...

I take that back..Evinrude sweet 16......I kept lookin at the hul line......Yours gotta be a Evinrude hull....

Nope is a Johnson Canadian Deluxe. Check this out.

http://www.ultimate.com/omc-boats/index.html#gallery

I could be totally wrong about this but that looks a lot like one of the small boats in the James Bond movie Thunderball. I'll have to see if there is some info on that online.

Mr. HE:cool:

The hull line had me confused...

That's still pretty quick. I'm hoping to get 50mph outa mine.

I can get 40mph outta mine ,,and thats good for she's heavy....Funny thing about these boats,,and you tell me if I'm wrong,,you can turn em on a dime....I dont think you can flip one unless it's modded.....I did some insane turns with mine and it hugs the water....

I think the one your thinking of is a Glastron CV model. That's what Bond used.

I guess my Bing.com foo is weak today. I can't seem to find what kind of boat it was.

The one I'm thinking of is used by the bad guys to chase Bond after he has taken pictures of the underside of the Disco Volante. They have tossed the grenades at him while he is swimming away. Then they chase him to the big catamaran in the boat and hit his scuba tank with the prop.

I'll keep looking.

Mr. HE:cool:

The windshield tells it all...

Evinrude had a classic design that noone ever copyied,,noone ever will...

I can get 40mph outta mine ,,and thats good for she's heavy....Funny thing about these boats,,and you tell me if I'm wrong,,you can turn em on a dime....I dont think you can flip one unless it's modded.....I did some insane turns with mine and it hugs the water....

Mine GPS'd at 40mph with the old dead motor, it was a 1980 Johnson 115 with 1 dead cylinder. Now its got a 1984 Johnson 115 that is very nice. Turns ya. It turns real nice, only thing with mine is, I think the engine is too high, I have to throttle back bite in the turn then throttle back on, otherwise I get some pretty good prop slip.

Evinrude had a classic design that noone ever copyied,,noone ever will...

Yup, I love it now, kinda thought it was an ugly duckling when I got it, but I really like it now. All that line of boats are very cool.

I GPS'd my 14' flat bottom john boat at 19kts with a 20hp johnson. Sold that boat. Just didn't use it enough.

Ian

I have a 20 HP Johnson in my garage...

I GPS'd my 14' flat bottom john boat at 19kts with a 20hp johnson. Sold that boat. Just didn't use it enough.

Ian

Dad bought it in 1964....I bet I could prime her up and she would fire right up....For a fishing boat just to go out after a days work,,dont have to laod alot of crap in,,just to go go home,,,trow your rod and reel in,,head down to the river,,,lake,,and just to relax for a few hours fishing,,,aint nothing like it....I sold his boat,,was a sears 16 ft. alum v hull,,,but kept the motor....I always regret it nows...

Dad bought it in 1964....I bet I could prime her up and she would fire right up....For a fishing boat just to go out after a days work,,dont have to laod alot of crap in,,just to go go home,,,trow your rod and reel in,,head down to the river,,,lake,,and just to relax for a few hours fishing,,,aint nothing like it....I sold his boat,,was a sears 16 ft. alum v hull,,,but kept the motor....I always regret it nows...

Nice! Fishing is relaxing even if you don't catch anything. I just use this boat for a lake boat, fishing and will be doing some water skiing this year too with the kids.

Latest posts

Back