Wish to woods port 2100cd

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Terry, regarding screws for the recoil, any 5mm thread will work. I buy bulk metric Allen-head cap screws from hardware stores; they're cheaper than OEM Husky bolts and look exactly the same. I use them on Stihl saws too; they don't have the Torx head like new Stihls use, but again, they're MUCH cheaper (cost me $3 for a single 6mm muffler bolt for my 066 last year!).

Same goes for bar nuts - they're a standard 8mm diameter with a 1.25mm thread pitch. Finding them in a "flare" style like the OEM ones might be difficult unless you go OEM though. At any rate I like to keep a half a dozen "regular" 8mm nuts on hand just to have around for when one inevitably falls to the forest floor to be lost forever.

Thanks Buddy I kinda got that explained to me by the local saw Guru! So I went down to the Home Depot in Cedar City( the closest one) and gathered me up a whole bunch. The same for the bar nuts, I got the saw together and fired it, but there are enough fins missing of this fly wheel the vibration is not cool, I'll keep looking I might have a local cure for that.
Cool thing is I did some checking and found out that this is the 288xp lite, this is gonna be a good saw, just got a few more minor things to work out.

Heck! The most fun I have here is going to the joke section. I got that 288xp lite straightened out today. I never ran one before. This thing is pretty cool it weighs about as much as a 372, rapps like one, but pulls like a 2100, I couldn't bog it out, and I thought I was gonna break the handle off tryin' It is officially a keeper!

Heck! The most fun I have here is going to the joke section. I got that 288xp lite straightened out today. I never ran one before. This thing is pretty cool it weighs about as much as a 372, rapps like one, but pulls like a 2100, I couldn't bog it out, and I thought I was gonna break the handle off tryin' It is officially a keeper!

Hm I find my 181SE and 288XP noticeably heavier than the 371, but the extra power is worth it! They are nice machines. My 288 is a hightop, but that only adds maybe a couple ounces at most. I thought the "Lite" version is just the name for a lowtop 288, isn't it?

Hm I find my 181SE and 288XP noticeably heavier than the 371, but the extra power is worth it! They are nice machines. My 288 is a hightop, but that only adds maybe a couple ounces at most. I thought the "Lite" version is just the name for a lowtop 288, isn't it?

I really wish I could tell you honestly I have ran a lot of Husky's, but this is my first 288, I have always wanted one, but until now I never got one or got the chance to run one. I know there is a noticeable difference between this and my 2100. However the power level is close, even with the woods port in my 2100. The problem I have is I work derricks on alot It don't feel heavy until it weighs 235lbs a foot and I got about 90ft too pull back. I really don't notice alot of weight differences, the reason I don't use a 372 is Not enough power. I guess I am the wrong guy to ask about lite saws, sorry buddy.

:agree2:, everytime my grandpa Cokely comes to the house I learn a new old time phrase, I got to write alot of those down.

Yeah I got a old buddy that always has something old like, "Sneezeing up a Bears a$$, Or that looks as painful as a barbed wire enimia!" I love hanging out with those older guys just to hear that kind of stuff.

I really wish I could tell you honestly I have ran a lot of Husky's, but this is my first 288, I have always wanted one, but until now I never got one or got the chance to run one. I know there is a noticeable difference between this and my 2100. However the power level is close, even with the woods port in my 2100. The problem I have is I work derricks on alot It don't feel heavy until it weighs 235lbs a foot and I got about 90ft too pull back. I really don't notice alot of weight differences, the reason I don't use a 372 is Not enough power. I guess I am the wrong guy to ask about lite saws, sorry buddy.

Yeah I suffer from the same problem of not being very good at gauging relatively small weight differences by hand. Too much lifting logs the old-fashoned way, throwing firewood, and piling lumber, I think! I've been meaning to go get one of those spring-type hanging fish weigh scales to weigh my saws, but I keep forgetting. The last time I remembered to look for one, the ones the store I checked had maxed out at 20 LBS; not much good for half of my collection since the old solid-metal saws went significantly above that bone-dry and without a bar or chain!

You must be into some pretty big or hard wood a lot if the 372 isn't getting much use! My 371 is a great performer up to 28" if the chain is good and sharp, and I'm sure would pull longer skip chains acceptably too. Granted, since I do have plenty of larger Huskies around that would do the job better, that never needs to happen. With the 24" bar it usually wears, it's the best general-use / firewood setup I've ever run though.

Here's the thread I posted when I got my 288 last year:

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=91937

Last edited:
Hey my best friend loves his 372, he is a 372 nut, and its been a good saw for him. I just always manage to find the dead dry 34" yelow pine that'sot enough knots and pitch in it that it will sieze your chain up if the oiler isn't working right and sometimes even if it is. the truth is tough I have always been a fan of big displacement saws. If I can bog it out in the cut without having the dogs burried it needs to be bigger, at leas thats how I like it. A couple of my first saws were McCulloch super 250, and a McCuloch 380 ( the old style), heavy but lot's of torque, you had to work to bog those old guys out. Sometimes I wish I still had them.

Yeah I got a old buddy that always has something old like, "Sneezeing up a Bears a$$, Or that looks as painful as a barbed wire enimia!" I love hanging out with those older guys just to hear that kind of stuff.

I heard a guy say once: "Boy I'd eat a mile of her :censored: just to see where it came from" lol

Fine behind induced temporary copraphelia aside,

WONDERing 'bout the OP's saw and were pic/videos ever made?

I'm about to dive into mine but was coached to use a degree wheel for making port timing changes. Thanks for the info and encouragement. I pulled this one down without running it. Have a second complete saw coming in the mail. HAVE never heard a 2100 run in person...BUT GEEZ JIMINY they sound good on the Utoob. :msp_tongue:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back