Women with chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Joel,

I haven't cut any firewood for probably three weeks I guess. Woodstove is cold and has been all week, I think. I'll put the little Jonsered to work cleaning out a fencerow this afternoon, though.

Dolmar? I haven't used it for quite a while. I did pick it up once this winter...but...I put it back down and got the Shindaiwa. It's just too heavy for me now, sure did the job though.

Hey, it's been a while. Have people forgotten this thread?

So are there any real chainsaw chicks posting in one of the picture forums? Some have gotten so long it's hard to keep up.

Also anybody heard form Beavergirl recently? I wonder how is she doing.

Thanks,
Joel

I know this isn't of a "real" chainsaw-woman, I mean, it's an album cover, but, it's one of my favourite album covers of all time :blob2:

97425.jpg

This is german heavy metal band Accept's first album from 1979 btw.

You know what we need...

... more women loggers! ;)

Anybody know of or have met any female loggers? And are there any women out there with those big chainsaws like you see on Madsen's web page cutting down huge trees like old-growth redwoods? (She'd probably have to be the world's strongest woman.)

Thanks,
Joel

Gypo Logger said:
My cleaning wench is into saws, but she sure can rock them out. Her saw is duller than a hoe.
John
I think she just rocks the chain hoping you will give her a bigger one next time :p

Shania Twain

I read that Shania Twain was a logger for a while when she was a teen. I also read that she was in some type of lumberjack competition on a TV show where she cut wood with an electric chainsaw.

Well, after years of looking I finally got a picture of it. Not very good though.

There is also a cool drawing by one of Shania's fans.

Now, you'd also think Gretchen Wilson would be handy with a chainsaw. Haven't heard anything about that yet. Sure would love to see her with one.

Thanks,
Joel

Great Photos Guys and Gals

WCS99no1 said:
I read that Shania Twain was a logger for a while when she was a teen. I also read that she was in some type of lumberjack competition on a TV show where she cut wood with an electric chainsaw.

Well, after years of looking I finally got a picture of it. Not very good though.

There is also a cool drawing by one of Shania's fans.

Now, you'd also think Gretchen Wilson would be handy with a chainsaw. Haven't heard anything about that yet. Sure would love to see her with one.

Thanks,
Joel

Great photos,Woman and saws is a great idea,maybe not for me though.lol Seems I attract crazy woman,some of my friends think I may make them crazy, either way a saw may not be a good idea.lol

Chopwood said:
Hey how about posting pictures of some real chainsaw chicks-
heres one of my wife, Erica

icon_eek.gif
Whoa! All that good looking and she's not a wimp, either! Ya done good, man!

Chopwood said:
about to place second in a field of about thirty guys in an open, run what you brung stocksaw. The only one she didn't beat? take a guess

Her mother?

:laugh:

Latest posts

Back