Women with chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Angela Polglaze

Hey everybody,

Angela Polglaze finally has a website: http://www.angela-polglaze.com/

She's a professional chainsaw carver from Australia and I'm a fan of her work. Some of her artwork is for mature audiences, though, if that bothers you.

But she is really good...and really good looking. Check it out.

Thanks,
Joel

Hi K, welome to the site, you'll have fun here. What saw is that in your picture? It looks like a 365 or 362 from here.
I bookmarked your site so I could read it later. Have to head off to the woods.
John

my old saw

LOL that's my old 72, actually we were on a job that day and the landowner did a really neat story for the local paper....my 385 was up on the hill waiting for me, we just came down to the truck for lunch....and luckily I had the backup saw there or would have had to treck back up to get a saw for the pix..he he he...
Karrie
www.thechainsawchick.com

Afghan hounds

Yes, I still have one old lady left. I used to raise them and Chesapeake Bay Retrievers.
Karrie

Because I was taking it for her to show to her boyfriend. I said stick "UP" your finger on one hand. Then when you show this to him, say "Don't mess with me, I'm a chainsaw chick." And she did not understand what I meant. Sooooo:laugh: :laugh: This is me giving her the first chainsaw lesson.

Chainsaw Safety Brochure

So I emailed the forestry department at Texas A&M University asking if they offered chainsaw safety classes. They wrote back to me saying they didn't but they gave me this brochure from Mississippi State University. In it a young lady and a young man get equal "face time" cutting down a tree with a Stihl.

http://msucares.com/pubs/publications/p2250.pdf

This is a link to a version of the brochure I got. Well, the one I got was better -- full color, more pictures, but I can't upload it.

Also, if anybody knows of a good chainsaw safety course in southeast Texas please let me know.

Thanks,
Joel

Back