Women with chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reddog said:
As for the high stumps.
That was fire work. You cut them high so the dozer following you can push them out fast or miss'em. The dozers you have are some times small, so you need leverage.

Okay. I've read somewhere that ideally you want to cut stumps close to the ground, but in that situation it makes sense.

Thanks,
Joel

oldsaw said:
Notice how they didn't show the completion of the first tree on the first video. It sat back on the saw, she either misjudged the lean of the tree, or it was catching the wind. Watching her set up the cut was painful, she had too much saw, too much bar for her to handle, and whatever she was checking out had nothing to do with what the tree was doing, just her cut...which was still bad.

The second one, well, again, a great "how not to" video.

Mark

It was my understand of the first video, that after it started to sit back on the saw, she went to the side of the backcut, and turned the backcut into a notch. Then she started a backcut over the previous notch to finish the tree.

Have a second look, maybe I looked too far into it.

1st vid

Sweetie definitly needs to eat her wheaties. If i look too hard into the vid I'd say , she has no idea. She's walking around that tree like it's only two feet tall. WAKE-UP, honey.

IchWarriorMkII said:
It was my understand of the first video, that after it started to sit back on the saw, she went to the side of the backcut, and turned the backcut into a notch. Then she started a backcut over the previous notch to finish the tree.

Have a second look, maybe I looked too far into it.
now that is 1 hot a$$ in your pic id like 2 c her riding a 066 if u know what im saying

The first video

Adrpk said:
Sweetie definitly needs to eat her wheaties. If i look too hard into the vid I'd say , she has no idea. She's walking around that tree like it's only two feet tall. WAKE-UP, honey.

Yeah, looking at it again it is obvious the saw was too big for her, and she was risking it falling on top of her while she tried to figure out where to cut next.

Joel

To much saw

She definantly did not have the strength to handle a saw that high, if you have to brace it against your body how are you ever going to control it. Have never seen any one actually hold a saw this way.

bks044 said:
She loves saws browses E-bay stihl and stihl catalog. Shes getting a 260 pro,a helmet system, Labonville 6 layer chaps and gloves for christmas. Shes a real keeper.

I'm a little jealous. The closest my wife has come to sawing wood is a couple of times she has helped stack firewood.

ON the plus side she doesn't know enough to track my saws as I think I may get as many as 4 new saws this upcoming year.

bks044 said:
She loves saws browses E-bay stihl and stihl catalog. Shes getting a 260 pro,a helmet system, Labonville 6 layer chaps and gloves for christmas. Shes a real keeper.

Does she have a younger sister? :laugh:

Hey, Merry Christmas to you and your wife. I think you are married to one of the few women on the planet who actually wants a chainsaw for Christmas.

This lady got one as a wedding present.

testimonials_bride.jpg

These are some of the more interesting photographs we have been able to put into the scrapbook. How many ladies out there would be thrilled to receive new STIHL chain saw as a wedding gift? Well Linda Brown was. You see, she is a wildland fire fighter and the Tahoe hotshots gave her this as a wedding present.

It seems much more practical for her than a toaster. Perhaps she will even let her husband use it from time to time, if he asks nicely

(Source: http://www.stihlusa.com/information/info_testim_chainsaws.html)

Joel

Still more PPE than Ultra was wearing in his videos, even though his saws ran really well.

Seriously, in the second one - although her technique sucked, she was wearing chaps - good on her. Wearing a wife-beater tank top offers about the same protection as a flannel shirt, "hoodie", "Members Only" jacket, or even Carhart coat that most of us wear for a false sense of protection, anyway. I'd venture to say whe was more PPE-ed than 90% of the posters here are when doing little yard work like she was doing. While not ready for Tinbersports, she still had more PPE than I've EVER worn. Or plan to.

SawTroll said:
That isn't Ultra, it is THALL - Ultra is so far "unseen"......:D

pssst! I know that! I was going along with the "but your saws run very well" thread of a week or so ago...

Another video

<a ="http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1603751952">DD the destroyer</a><br><embed ="http://lads.myspace.com/videos/vplayer.swf" flashvars="m=1603751952&type=video" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="430" height="346"></embed><br><a ="http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.addToProfileConfirm&videoid=1603751952&title=DD the destroyer">Add to My Profile</a> | <a ="http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.home"> More Videos</a>

The caption: "Don't mess with DD, she knows how to use a chain-saw."

Almost had me convinced until she looked at the camera and had no eye protection. But I'd like to see what the experts have to say about this one.

Joel

Woman with chainsaw, Bermie in action.:popcorn:

The ones on the water are removing a windblown casuarina trunk, it had been down for three years so there was no chance of it springing back up for those of you who might wonder why I'm standing on it!
The other two are of a white cedar (Tabebuia pallida) I had to remove the buttress flares to get the saw close enough to the trunk to get a hinge all the way across. It was bored through the hinge, then bore cut from each side as there was a stone wall directly behind it, then released from the other side and pulled over. (I had already dismantled the top)
:chainsaw:

Latest posts

Back