Wonderful day

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i bought a tsumura, was a great bar. then i bought another tsumura, cracked between the inserts and work but would bind if flexed at all. bought another one and same thing happened. then bought another and realized the rails at the tail were ground uneven (real thick rail on one side and thin on the other) corner of tail literally broke clean off 3 days in. welded the tail and formed to work. switch to stihl lights, i'm a happy camper :) they are more then a tsumura for most but well worth it. my dealer sells them to me for $8 less then a tsumura light. a tsumura may look better which is what a PSP is after but for the working man, nothing beats a stihl light. although, if you a guy who puts your weight into the saw during cuts your probably best with a solid bar.

@fordf150 Nate can you just start getting the Laser branded ones? They are both rebranded and sold here in US under that too. ;)

barsPic.jpg

probably could, for time being i have the paperwork submitted to HEV for sugi bars though

probably could, for time being i have the paperwork submitted to HEV for sugi bars though
Will the Suigahara bars be the same price as the Total's? They review online as the same quality, and I would totally (hah!) switch brands if they are the same price.

Will the Suigahara bars be the same price as the Total's? They review online as the same quality, and I would totally (hah!) switch brands if they are the same price.
price has always been one of the main draws to the tsumura/total bars thats for sure

That is too bad. Do the Sugi's wear as well as the Total's? And how do they usually stack up compared to the Oregon lightweights price wise?

That is too bad. Do the Sugi's wear as well as the Total's? And how do they usually stack up compared to the Oregon lightweights price wise?
cheaper than oregon reduced weight bars and very comparable to the Tsumura in durability. biggest problem I have with sugi is the lack of standard weight bars so your stuck buying high $$$$ reduced weight just to get better quality bars than oregon.

cheaper than oregon reduced weight bars and very comparable to the Tsumura in durability. biggest problem I have with sugi is the lack of standard weight bars so your stuck buying high $$$$ reduced weight just to get better quality bars than oregon.
Just the way it is. I have run Canon in the past, but my back is starting to bother me and am trying to save any oz I can. Those things wear nicely, but are just so darned heavy.

you wouldn't believe it boys, i went out to do a load of firewood with a cheap oregon today and it actually cut wood. i got my truck filled! here i read on AS that i must have a light weight bar to cut firewood but turns out a solid bar works just as good! this new discovery should save all of us alot of money making burning wood even more economical :D i tell you this now but would you believe that the cutting was done with a box store poulan that wasn't even ported?!!!

you wouldn't believe it boys, i went out to do a load of firewood with a cheap oregon today and it actually cut wood. i got my truck filled! here i read on AS that i must have a light weight bar to cut firewood but turns out a solid bar works just as good! this new discovery should save all of us alot of money making burning wood even more economical :D i tell you this now but would you believe that the cutting was done with a box store poulan that wasn't even ported?!!!
You're right I would not believe a big box store poulan cut firewood. I have a bin at work full of them!! LOL

That is on top of you bin of dead Husqvarnas, that is over by the bin of dead Echos with the one lone Dolmar on top.

Sorry to hear about the loss of a good bar source. I guess I should look into some of the fancy light weight bars but I would hate to spend more on the bar than on my saw.

Latest posts

Back