Wood Burning Insurance Policy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lampmfg

ArboristSite.com Sponsor
Reaction score
It's reasonable to say that most Americans carry some type of insurance on their home and it's contents. This could cover possible loss from theft, unforseen accidents and flood/fire damage. It provides a backup plan and gives some peace of mind, but we still need to be on guard and have prevention as a priority. We cannot throw caution to the wind!

What's a better add-on to our existing insurance policy than a smokeless woodburning furnace that virtually eliminates creosote, the #1 reason for chimney fires that can burn down your home and possibly kill someone. The Kuuma VaporFire furnaces burn up to 99% smokless, and no smoke also means no creosote. In a 12 hour burn (720 minutes) you can have less than 5 minutes of actual smoke, just at the start-up, which is 99.9% smokeless. Can it get much better than this?

These claims are backed up by an EPA certified lab, Intertek, that tested our VaporFire furnaces and showed results of 99% combustion efficiency, greater than 80% overall efficiency, and less than 1 gram/hr. of emissions. You can only have results like this with a virtually smokeless furnace.

It's one thing to say your furnace is clean burning, great, and efficient, but it's quite another to back it up with concrete information that a potential customer can sink his/her teeth into. Our customers get safety, efficiency, environmental enhancement, and added peace of mind in one package as they heat their homes with the Kuuma VaporFire furnaces. This was our intent, goal, and driving force. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

*** Win a Free Sauna Stove visit our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lamppa-Manufacturing-Incorporated-Kuuma-Furnaces-Sauna-Stoves/215958785138157 to find out how...

Last edited:
This seems alot like your last post of "how much do you value your furnace" with a hint of added "BUY OUR PRODUCT" sprinkled throughout. good for you for selling something but you need to work on your advertising, just a thought

Safety...particulates...efficiency...3 separate topics or issues.
I've yet to see anything that speaks to safety... insurance companies want to see the unit is tested and listed by Underwritter Labs or at the minimum of being tested to UL 391.
As mentioned there was another thread about this not too long ago...albeit we went around the bush as per the normal...the answer never came forth.

Instead of the onus being put on us why we have yet not tested to a set of protocols that has not been approved yet maybe we can get a real response.....I have looked through the entire Kuuma site. There is no mention of being tested for safety.

Safety...particulates...efficiency...3 separate topics or issues.
I've yet to see anything that speaks to safety... insurance companies want to see the unit is tested and listed by Underwritter Labs or at the minimum of being tested to UL 391.
As mentioned there was another thread about this not too long ago...albeit we went around the bush as per the normal...the answer never came forth.

Instead of the onus being put on us why we have yet not tested to a set of protocols that has not been approved yet maybe we can get a real response.....I have looked through the entire Kuuma site. There is no mention of being tested for safety.

This is and has been right on the website so you must not have looked very good...

Why Choose a Kuuma VaporFire 100?

No Visible Smoke up to 99% of the Time which means No Creasote

No Catalytic Converters

Logs Burn from the Front to the Rear

Natural Burning of the Logs under Controlled Condition

Tested by PFS Laboratory and Intertek for Emissions and Safety

Approved to UL #391 by PFS Corporation

I write a check to PFS every month and for quarterly inspections as well so feel free to give them a call (608) 839-1013 if you think I'm blowing smoke, which our furnaces don't produce. :msp_rolleyes:

Here we go again (let it go Keith ... not worth it) BTW thanks for the call the other day, enjoyed talking with you!
Will

I was just asking..omg...I guessed I missed the safety mark...normally the mark is located on the fronts of manuals....but if you do have have then good on you.You can mellow now.....

Installing a certified safe appliance with proper clearances to combustible surfaces is very important. Also having all of your ducting made of metal with their proper clearances and having the proper flue which consists of material,diameter and if made of metal that it too also has the proper clearance to combustible surfaces.

...and here I thought we were gonna talk safety...not everyone knows what is really safe....including some manufactures.

Any time Will...just make sure you call the 800 number from a land line..I want the call to be on my dime.

P.S.
I spent 20 minutes looking..I finally found the link..no manuals to speak of either.

Last edited:
I was just asking..omg...I guessed I missed the safety mark...normally the mark is located on the fronts of manuals....but if you do have have then good on you.You can mellow now.....

...and here I thought we were gonna talk safety...not everyone knows what is really safe....including some manufactures.

Sorry, I just get a little touchy about the safety part and I believe you about some manufactures but we definitely aren't one of them.

Good post lampguy. I don't see a problem with getting a marketing plug in now and then. You can brag up a good product when you have one.

Now if I can sell one of these for you can I get a 10% kickback?:D

Good post lampguy. I don't see a problem with getting a marketing plug in now and then. You can brag up a good product when you have one.

Now if I can sell one of these for you can I get a 10% kickback?:D

10%...shoot...I'll quit and move to Ely....you know how hard I'd work plus I'd get your website all squared away.

Now if I can sell one of these for you can I get a 10% kickback?

10%...shoot...I'll quit and move to Ely....you know how hard I'd work plus I'd get your website all squared away.

Definitely couldn't do 10% but we try to take care of our referrals. Our Margins just got cut again with the price of steel going up almost $100 per stove. When I say these things our built like tanks at 700 #'s I ain't lying...

Take it easy on the website, it's the first one I have ever done and was mostly trial and error. You should have seen the old one if you think this on is bad. ;) We actually get a lot of positive comments (especially all the information) on the website, I guess some people like the family touch.

I spent more years in the Insurance Industry than I care to remember.

Looking at it from that perspective then the best bet would be to avoid the exposure by not having the Wood Burning Appliance in the building.

I guess smokeless in this sense means that you can not see the exhaust easily, if a device is 80% efficient than the other 20% has to be going up the chimney. And unless the exhaust is water vapor there has to be something nasty in it.

Like anything mainly a question of doing the best you can.

Take it easy on the website, it's the first one I have ever done and was mostly trial and error. You should have seen the old one if you think this on is bad. ;) We actually get a lot of positive comments (especially all the information) on the website, I guess some people like the family touch.

Oh I hear ya...you should have seen our 1st one ever...hey your brother builds websites...right.
At least it was only 500$.
We have had several guys attempt to make it better....now Lisa does all of our tweeking....

Ya know there's a lot you could do for cheap and end up with some quality. I happen to know a few guys...actually from my fishing that do exactly what you need and they are good.Very reasonable...some may call them down right cheap...not the end product.
I'd be willing to help you.Just say the word & I'll refer them to you.

Last edited:
I wonder how the lab test procedures compare to real world use results. This is a perfect example of knowing when to have the pro's do yer advertising. Think " positive responses" . Claims to good to be true can sometimes be ruin a good sales pitch even if they are true. Smokeless is a prime example of a wood burning fixture. Good Luck. A typical HVAC salesman around here makes 8%, plus minimum wage ,expenses and vehicle. 10% for a sale that you didn't spend a minute on seems like a no brainer, especially when your on forums pluggin away like this.... I am very glad you have a clean product and hope you can convey in a very successful way to the haters out there

Latest posts

Back