Wood Hauler Pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kubota only makes diesel engine equipment although I've heard some speculation that they might come out with a gas engine for the RTV.

The 900 does not have heat but there is a more expensive model that comes with a cab, a/c and heat.

We just got ours in spring so I can't comment about winter starting but I do have a Kubota backhoe and two Kubota tractors and they have all started fine in the winter, you just have to give the engine heater plug a few seconds before starting.

Mine has the hydraulic dump bed, very nice :) It's rated for 1100 pounds in the bed, 1600 pounds payload capacity and 1300 pounds towing capacity. It has a hydraulic transmission, unlike the Kawasaki Mule which is a belt drive.

Ken

I have the cab heater in my RTV900. It will take the chill off the interior and is a welcome option. Starting has never been an issue no matter how cold it is.

The latest model, the RTV1100 has a much improved cab with heat and AC. The doors are steel frame with automotive style seals. Much quieter inside as well.

You will have around $15K in a 1100 with a few options.

Bob

1970 Cornbinder wood-getter

I made the trailer to go down trails behind my Scout II, so it looks a little puny behind the truck, but that is the trailer that hauls all my firewood. It's a home-made 4x8 with a boat-trailer axle. It'll carry however much wood you can fit in it. I figure a little over half a cord if you just toss it in, more if you're nice about it.

This is today's load of Norway Pine from my Dad's house, it was dead and needed to go. Free wood is the best kind -- that's my vote ;-)

A friend has a gator. I've had to tow it out with my 4wheeler when he got stuck :( Although they are four wheel drive, all four are the back, none in the front (I assume some models are 6wd?)

Well, okay, I've taken my Kubota RTV into spots where I knew I'd need the winch to get out (better than carrying the wood 100' UPhill). BTW, a winch is a nice accessory.

Gators are good too. My only suggestion to anyone buying one would be to get the roll over protection unless you only operate on very flat terrain (something I do not have).

Ken

Here is our Gator.. It may not look like much but it does a pretty good and the hydraulic bed is great. I will get pic of my splitter. It is a troybilt 27 ton..

Scott

I made the trailer to go down trails behind my Scout II, so it looks a little puny behind the truck, but that is the trailer that hauls all my firewood. It's a home-made 4x8 with a boat-trailer axle. It'll carry however much wood you can fit in it. I figure a little over half a cord if you just toss it in, more if you're nice about it.

This is today's load of Norway Pine from my Dad's house, it was dead and needed to go. Free wood is the best kind -- that's my vote ;-)

I know of a good body for your Binder, cheap, down here in Kansas.Even has a good engine.That's too nice a truck to trator-ize!

Here is another way to haul wood with your RTV900

That's great, but did you check the specs on the RTV's trailer hitch? 130# max tongue weight :(

Besides, that negates the beauty of the dump bed :)

I do have a couple of small trailers that I can use with it, but it's so nice to just back up and pull the dump lever!

Ken

Last edited:
That's great, but did you check the specs on the RTV's trailer hitch? 130# max tongue weight :(

Besides, that negates the beauty of the dump bed :)

I do have a couple of small trailers that I can use with it, but it's so nice to just back up and pull the dump lever!

Ken

We did and thats why we didnt hook it to the hitch on the back. I've attached another photo of the hitch under the body. You can't use the dump with the hitch in but it only takes 5 minuets to unhook the dump cylinder and put in this assembly. This was the prototype, the next one looks like it will have a dump bed run of the wet system of the RTV and possibly a loader of some sort.

Here is my firewood hauler. Just got home with it yesterday. Cut it all with my Jonsereds 52E (just bought a nice 041AV today for the big stuff). The half hour drive home was more than enough reward for the sweat in cutting and loading, she really barked!

The truck is a '72 Am General M35A2C, trailer is M105 like the Old Goat's. Truck has dropsides on the bed so I load all the big chunks first with the sides down. She's a pretty good little toy to have around.

I've been so busy reading all the good stuff on this site this is my first post. I'll have to get a couple pictures of my saws on too.

Marc

man you took my idea i wanted to be the first on AS with a deuce:angry:

We did and thats why we didnt hook it to the hitch on the back. I've attached another photo of the hitch under the body. You can't use the dump with the hitch in but it only takes 5 minuets to unhook the dump cylinder and put in this assembly. This was the prototype, the next one looks like it will have a dump bed run of the wet system of the RTV and possibly a loader of some sort.

Ah! Very good! I didn't look close enough at your original photo to notice the gooseneck hitch. I thought the front was just to hold the wood on.

Ken

That RTV900 was brand new and the Kubota dealer over here dropped it off and said "have fun!". We also did some stuff with Bad Boy Buggies. All electric 4x4 UTV. Not much for working but thay are great hunting buggies. Stone silent not even electric motor hum!

My trailer

capacity 2 metric tons
On the Autobahn it follows fine, because it is only as wide as the car.
Cheers

Ready to add to wood pile saturday

Wood010.jpg

Wood011.jpg

That was first load, did one more saturday & one more sunday

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but I have upgraded my wood hauler.

Got it about a month ago. Added the tool box, quick detach plow, and the extra lights right away. Sure can pull a bigger load than the old Big Red!

P1240002.jpg

P1240001.jpg

P1240004.jpg

Thats OK, Personally I think this is one of those perpetual threads. I plan on posting something here before long.

:popcorn:

Here's one of mine. I got a 20 ton pup also that I pull with this .

Last edited:
Back