Wood Hauler Pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use these to haul on my land only.

Nice pics. :cheers:

That's the first logging arch that I've seen with triangles. Is it homemade? I know that triangles are the way to go for strength and wonder if you built them in from the get-go or added them later?

Thanks

arch

built it from an old trampoline from my younger years,mom bought it back in 1966 to keep us off the beds. it works ok and i have added a longer toung it will haul a log 32"x 10' any more and the atv gets pushed around and I'm in some hilly country.

Military trailer hitch.

attachment.php
I have have several questions about how I set up my M105 military trailer to pull with a civilian type vehicle so I thought that I would post a picture of the hitch. The trailers have a pintle hook that can be turned up or down to give you a drop or a rise in the hitch but even with it in the drop position it is still too high for most pick up trucks to pull. I welded the hitch in the photo onto the frame. It can be adjusted for height and completely removed if I still want to use the pintle hook or for theft prevention. The pintle hook can also be removed. Most of the time I have had it removed but I decided to reinstall the hook so it would not sprout legs and walk away.

I installed a secondary light system with the thinking that I would some day get a M35 truck. The military has an interesting light plug set up on their vehicles.

I use this for yarding the dead stuff out of the bush. No more than 10 minute drive. It'll fit a face cord, but the trailer usually gets pretty upset when I haul that much
100_1521.jpg

100_1525.jpg

I use this for hauling more than a face cord at a time. After I split this load it turned out to be more than a cord.
100_1472.jpg

100_1478.jpg

I had to make a second trip for the top of that dead fir. Still only about a 15 minute drive from my doorstep.

a couple of pics of a few of my many garden tractors hauling wood
th_IMGP06551.jpg

th_IMGP06481.jpg

I like to skid it into the field if at all possible
th_IMGP02771.jpg

Last edited:
Finally got a photo of my wood hauler/snow plow/hay hauler, a Kubota RTV900. That's about a quarter of a cord on there. The beautiful part is the dump bed. Now if I could only get an automatic loader ;-)

Ken

Finally got a photo of my wood hauler/snow plow/hay hauler, a Kubota RTV900. That's about a quarter of a cord on there. The beautiful part is the dump bed. Now if I could only get an automatic loader ;-)

Ken

Do Kubota's run on gas or diesel? Is the dump hydraulic or manual with gas shock assist? Looks like a nice machine.

The RTV's are diesel. The bed lift is either hydraulic or manual depending on the model. Here is mine. I would not want to be without it.

Bob

IMG_0766.jpg

Latest posts

Back