Wood Hauler Pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's mine.
ImportedPhotos00086760x570.jpg

1970 F350 Factory Platform/Stake. 360, T18, Dana 70. Paid $700 for it 2 1/2 years ago.
Yesterday's haul.
DSC04798.jpg

Mine is the newer one in front and the back one is my Son's. This is after last Saturday's cutting.
loads.jpg

BTW, the back load will only go about 50 yards down the highway so it's not strapped. Although you cannot see it that well, our "buster" is in the back.

OMG!! You have more spring left on your truck:buttkick: LOL
Kindof resembles my truck with a load on it:jawdrop: LMAO

I thought I was the only one that had to haul their wood half way across the county.

Here is what we have set up now. I can throw over a cord of split wood on it and pull it just fine with my Dodge Dakota.

Oh yea.. Prices:
$600 for the frame and axles
$100 for extra steel to reinforce frame
$100 for lumber
A case of beer for the tool box

The Log Rite ATV arch and a sixteen foot pine.
Arch.jpg

A steep hill, level out the telephone pole. And a load of ponderosa pine.
039.jpg

The load shifted to the rear of the trailer, and it lifted the truck rear end up and moved it towards the pole. It was exciting...to say the least.

Kevin

Not too bad for a couple of hours work friday morning i don't think. Being alone, and splitting with a 6lb maul. New to posting pics, i hope it works. I think its a 4x8 or so trailer. Did this two weeks ago behind an s10....a little too much for it. I opted for the in laws f150 this time.

Last edited:
Buck--The cylinder looks purchased, but did you fab and install everything else yourself? It looks well built!

Part of this years heating wood

attachment.php
attachment.php

This is a load of silver maple that will be our main source of heat this winter. I backed the trailer down the driveway close to the garage and tarped it. This makes it easy for the kids to bring wood into the house and keeps it out of the snow that tends to build up through the winter.

The trailer is rated at 7500 lbs gross for hwy use and 5000 lbs for off road. I have yet to overloaded it, not sure if I can. It will hold more then I can pull with any of my vehicles.

Buck--The cylinder looks purchased, but did you fab and install everything else yourself? It looks well built!
I had the truck place that was going to install the tommy lift to install it since i bought it from them. I made the front 24" today and went out and got 3 loads. We put all we could get on the 1st load with the front at 30"+ high and tapered to about 24" all the way to the back. It had no trouble raising the load.
Got new pics today but will be tomorrow before i post em.

Last edited:
attachment.php
attachment.php

This is a load of silver maple that will be our main source of heat this winter. I backed the trailer down the driveway close to the garage and tarped it. This makes it easy for the kids to bring wood into the house and keeps it out of the snow that tends to build up through the winter.

The trailer is rated at 7500 lbs gross for hwy use and 5000 lbs for off road. I have yet to overloaded it, not sure if I can. It will hold more then I can pull with any of my vehicles.
Looks good and stout!

Graystones Wood Hauling Equipment

Here is my Hauling Equipment

Tandem Axle 6 x 10 dump trailer (7000 lb) - 1 cord

Single Axle 5 x 8 dump trailer (3500 lb) - 1/2 cord

Picture of front hitch as well. Makes it easy to move the trailers around the yard.

This one of the 3 loads we got yesterday. Feels like 30 to my back! The box is 7' wide so its a pretty good pile.

Wood001.jpg

Last edited:
attachment.php
attachment.php

Hey Goat, are you using the brakes on that trailer? I thought I might get one for using behind my tractor.Nice load of wood.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Hey Goat, where did you get that trailer? I really want one.

Back