Wood Hauler Pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 56 Dodge Power Wagon dump with a load.

attachment.php

attachment.php

love the old powerwagon tough trucks when trucks were trucks

attachment.php

Here's a couple of my wood haulers. The dumptrailer delivers firewood, about 40 cords last year, too. We dump 2 bin loads with the crane into it and we're off.

:laugh::laugh:

Picked that up the other day from TSC thinking it'd be easier than walking a wheelbarrow on ice. Had a celebratory beer when I realized it towed so well behind the mower :D

nuthin wrong with that. Def. beats a wheelbarrow. What would we do without TSC?:agree2:

Just cant stand to let the lawn mower sit useless all winter :popcorn:
:cheers: same here, use that baby year round, with weights and chains and snow blade she goes real well.
except once it gets too wet i can't get it back up out of back yard with out damage or once we get snow, forget it. that will have to wait for bigger tractor.
i have used the truck to plow a path all the way back BUT with yard sligthly slanted she gets stuck TOO easy. :(.
this year the wife suggested i bring ALL the wood up and stack at the house before thankgiving. Damn, i hate when she is right :D

DSC01646smallwagon.jpg

Last edited:
I agree, I really don’t see how he has a full cord (3 ricks) of wood in the bed of the dodge.

This here is 1 full cord

DSC04479s.jpg

I agree that pics don’t truly show exactly how tight it is stacked but when you look at my pictures I think you can plainly see it is stacked much higher then yours… maybe you measure differently ?:D

Nice setup anyway, and GREAT price on the oil burner. Looking to upgrade my 25yr old chevy with a newer dodge next season.

DSC04366small.jpg

oh and i agree with you on the new trucks not taking the abuse our old ones can.
try doing this on a new Toyota tailgate

firwoodtailgate.jpg

Nice truck!

I've got an '81 K20. It's a 350/4spd. Workhorse to say the least.

I need to get some new rear springs for mine this summer. Anybody have a suggestion?

Nice truck!

I need to get some new rear springs for mine this summer. Anybody have a suggestion?

Dont hit the junkyard up unless you know there relatively new springs.The labor to remove them from an old truck,the risk of them being sagged out,or ready to break,and get the old bolts out of the rubber,after you've torched the shackles off isnt worth it.I'd get a new aftermarket set,I'd get the correct springs for the trucks GVWR+ one extra leaf if your daily driving it.If its a wood truck or will be loaded a lot,get early 80's 3500 chassis cab 11,000GVWR springs.

Dont hit the junkyard up unless you know there relatively new springs.The labor to remove them from an old truck,the risk of them being sagged out,or ready to break,and get the old bolts out of the rubber,after you've torched the shackles off isnt worth it.I'd get a new aftermarket set,I'd get the correct springs for the trucks GVWR+ one extra leaf if your daily driving it.If its a wood truck or will be loaded a lot,get early 80's 3500 chassis cab 11,000GVWR springs.

That's pretty much what I've settled on. My truck has the heavy duty 3500lb 8 leaf springs now. No sag, just a little tired. Mine are the long, 56" springs so I think I'll get the 4650lb 1 ton springs.

I work as a tech at a dealer, so getting warrantable junk yard parts is easy through a distributor we use called LKQ.

Thanks guys!:)

try going to a spring shop they can build you a new pack or beef up and rearch the old springs. I had a local spring shop add two more overload springs on my truck and it was about 200 parts and larbor which i dont think is bad at all.

Nice truck!

thanks. she's an 84 355/auto loaded, had it for over 16yrs and have put less then 10k on her,(company van makes big diff ) heck the tires are still in better shape then the truck.
she's a worker, i hang a plow off the front in the winter. love this year body style.
the first to pics i really wish it was a dually, lot of sway on a long drive with that load.

here you can see she sets level when loaded, i have sagged her though.

DSC04338JPGsmall.jpg

Last edited:
Its home made by me. It uses Jeep CJ front and rear axles, the swivel
joint is a complete front hub from an older Jeep. The drive shaft runs
thru the center of it. Rear body bolts to what would normally be the
front wheel hub, allows for 360 degree rotation. Drive line is chain driven
from a 4 speed trans to the drive shaft. The hydraulic drive makes for
no pedals etc, stop on a hill and the hydraulic motor locks up and becomes
a parking brake. Right now the steering is done with mechanical linkage, will
be changed to hydraulics later. The hydraulic system is also set up with
quick disconnects to power a log splitter. Front axle also steers via a 12 volt
worm screw, makes for very tight turns in the woods. Only failure so far is
a split u joint, i used one from a PTO shaft and it could not handle the load.
The rest of the u joints are regular spicer type Jeep units. I built it to go
places my 4 wheel drive John Deere tractor wont go.

Thats a wicked build.. very nice.. I now have another thing on my " to do list"

Latest posts

Back