Wood Hauler Pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Old Goat. That is an absolutely beautiful setting that surround you home. Since you live in the mountains you may not realize it, but to me, there is nothing more inspiring than our countries great many Ranges.

New woodhauler

attachment.php

I got this from the neighbor next to the land I cut on, asked him what he wanted for it and he said he would take some firewood in trade for it. Needs new tires and a jack and the floor is still good on it. The previous owner didn't use it as much this year since he now has bigger spreader he can use.

Last edited:
attachment.php

I got this from the neighbor next to the land I cut on, asked him what he wanted for it and he said he would take some firewood in trade for it. Needs new tires and a jack and the floor is still good on it. The previous owner didn't use it as much this year since he now has bigger spreader he can use.

They work really well!!!

I use my pick up to get to the wood in the pasture, load about a face cord in the bed and my father in law hauls the rest out with the tractor
Truck004.jpg

I found some time Friday to work on the new truck. The price of milled lumber has dropped due to the slow down in new housing so I decided to build this rack out of wood. I am still looking for some metal stake sides, but this should work well for several years. I still need to put some type of a finish on it and hardware to hold the rear panel on, but bungee cords will work for the time being.

I hauled this load of widow wood yesterday. Between the truck and trailer I have about two cords. I could have put a lot more wood on the truck, but time didn't permit me to split any more.

The truck handled the load just fine. The 350 motor has no problems due to the low geared rear end. I even took it on the freeway for about 5 miles. We have a test section of freeway not far from home that is posted 80 mph. At 55 mph in the outside lane I got a few looks but no single finger waves.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I found some time Friday to work on the new truck. The price of milled lumber has dropped due to the slow down in new housing so I decided to build this rack out of wood. I am still looking for some metal stake sides, but this should work well for several years. I still need to put some type of a finish on it and hardware to hold the rear panel on, but bungee cords will work for the time being.

I hauled this load of widow wood yesterday. Between the truck and trailer I have about two cords. I could have put a lot more wood on the truck, but time didn't permit me to split any more.

The truck handled the load just fine. The 350 motor has no problems due to the low geared rear end. I even took it on the freeway for about 5 miles. We have a test section of freeway not far from home that is posted 80 mph. At 55 mph in the outside lane I got a few looks but no single finger waves.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

wow i am jealous:jawdrop:

I am thinking of building some wooden panels for my 2006 Ext. Cab Chevy Silverado so i can hold just a lil bit more wood and brush. Might make some more panels for my utility trailer. Any suggestions on brackets or hardware for the wood?

The dump wagon

Here what I use for a wood hauler. I don't know how I lived without the dump wagon, use it for everything brush, firewood, mulch, etc.

3457157063_da06df89d5.jpg

Here what I use for a wood hauler. I don't know how I lived without the dump wagon, use it for everything brush, firewood, mulch, etc.

3457157063_da06df89d5.jpg

Nice color on the dump wagon, mine was a little closer to it before the sun faded it last summer. MH!
attachment.php

I am thinking of building some wooden panels for my 2006 Ext. Cab Chevy Silverado so i can hold just a lil bit more wood and brush. Might make some more panels for my utility trailer. Any suggestions on brackets or hardware for the wood?

The pockets on my 09 (like yours I think) seem larger than my last 03 Silv. but can't you just put a board in the pockets then put some plywood bolted to the sides and front and carriage bolt them to the boards out of the pockets?

Like to see a picture of your Silverado before or after.

The pockets on my 09 (like yours I think) seem larger than my last 03 Silv. but can't you just put a board in the pockets then put some plywood bolted to the sides and front and carriage bolt them to the boards out of the pockets?

Like to see a picture of your Silverado before or after.

I guess I can I was just a bit concerned with the wood causing to much pressure on the top rails and bending them when I have it loaded. I am planning on having a Ram liner installed as well and wanted to do any metal work modification first.

I am getting a 1952 Ford F6 next weekend. Found it on Craigslist. Shes in good shape, run stops and dumps. Not sure how fast she goes but I can wait to haul a few loads. It will be fun to take to a few car shows.

Nice truck! My wood hauler/ daily driver is a '56 F-350 with a dump body. You can figure about 50-55 MPH depending on gears, if it has stock steering and brakes you probably won't want to go any faster.

A word of caution- there is a very good chance that truck has Firestone RH*5 split ring wheels, aka Widow Makers. If that's the case, you need to replace them ASAP. There are several options for replacement wheels, check out www.ford-trucks.com for more information. The 48-60 forum there is full of great folks who know about anything you could want to know about your truck.

Latest posts

Back