Wood Hauler Pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A pic of my ute. I work on a mine site and get all my wood from there clearings so no need for a 4x4 for me, this is also my daily driver so I have to look after it. Its a Holden Commodore 1 tonner, 3.8L V6 auto

No loaded pics but you get the idea

21022011647.jpg

21022011645.jpg

Cut those bolts down Grizz, you will thank me later for not catching your shirt,gloves or hand on them when unloading.

Beefie
yep, did that my self when i built these, now i just need to trip the posts off even with the top :D
but then it irritates some of the guys i cut with so i haven't done it yet :hmm3grin2orange:

DSC04338JPGsmall.jpg

that is awful pretty :clap:

love the saw holders:rock:
but I would have thought hanging them off the back or the sides would allow you to stack more wood :dunno:

Indeed it would! But I just keep the saws in the scabbards when its empty,once the bed is full the saws just get nestled in amongst the wood.
Cheers!:cheers:

2810943440038709423S600x600Q85.jpg

here is my latest addition... lots of stuff ahead, new braked axle, in bed crane, new camo paint etc... oh and something better than the trailblazer to tow it with...(maybe use my k5?)

This truck is in here somewhere but I just got the dump cyl finished and working. I now understand why everyone wants 2k for a pos dump. There is a lot of fabbing welding and head scratching that goes into installing a dump bed especially if you use pieces from this and that like I did. Its electric hydraulic pump till I find the right pto box.
Gonna try to slap some rustolum blue on her this summer. She deserves it 39 years old will haul 6000 without complaining all original drivetrain.

This truck is in here somewhere but I just got the dump cyl finished and working. I now understand why everyone wants 2k for a pos dump. There is a lot of fabbing welding and head scratching that goes into installing a dump bed especially if you use pieces from this and that like I did. Its electric hydraulic pump till I find the right pto box.
Gonna try to slap some rustolum blue on her this summer. She deserves it 39 years old will haul 6000 without complaining all original drivetrain.
178193d1301594803-img00623-jpg

Holy crap that cylinder looks like a cannon!

178194d1301594814-img00622-jpg

A pic of my ute. I work on a mine site and get all my wood from there clearings so no need for a 4x4 for me, this is also my daily driver so I have to look after it. Its a Holden Commodore 1 tonner, 3.8L V6 auto

No loaded pics but you get the idea

21022011647.jpg

21022011645.jpg

If you stick all the wood behind the rear axle will it do wheelies??

Last edited:
Very nice truck. Here's the important question: is it a standard transmission?

4 speed auto...350 bored 30 over. edelbrock performer cam intake and carb. 4 core radiator with extra tranny cooler, and a oil cooler (not hooked up right now). 3.75 gears. np 205 transfer case (i think).

That was a really heavy load of ash...it struggled a bit off the line but otherwise it was no problem...carb may need a tuning yet.

Nice truck! :rock:

I have a 76 K20 (w/ 71k on the clock) that is being brought back to life....all it needs is a new fender, passenger door, paint and a new clutch...all should be finished within the next couple months.

Specs are 350 (rebuilt quadrajet - tuned perfect), 4 spd - SM465, NP205, 14bolt FF rear and 4.10 gears...

Last edited:
I run a tree service...so i take everything. this one was 3ft diamter at the base....you may see a piece of plywood at the front of the trailer, i lay that over the trailer ramps and this time we (2-3guys) rolled them up...the biggest pieces are 3ft by 2ft.

I went with the car hauler type trailer cause it was lower to the ground, making it easier to pull branches off and put logs on.

For the record: I perfer to use my tractor

Also I like being able to bring the whole tree home in one load.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back