Wood Hauler Pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
183833d1305324361-img_0029-jpg

What's the matter - only like the small rounds? :msp_ohmy:

Nice rig, how'd you load it?

That's got to be over loaded...

If chevy offered that in standard trans, i'd consider buying one. Since they don't they can kiss my ass. What kind of mileage do you get towing vs unloaded?

I would say I average in the neighborhood of 12.3-13.5 MPG towing. That's 10,000 lbs, 75 MPH, and AC. I see you don't like automatics but I will tell you this, the combination between the Duramax and Allison is a hell of a set up. Automatics are not what they used to be.

Has nothing to do with machismo, plenty of chicks drive old 5 speed civics. It's just sad you cant buy a new fullsize truck with a standard transmission. Just pathetic. We've been over this.

Agreed. It is crazy. Lots of reasons why a manual transmission is better for certain things. It's not just efficiency (automatics are just about as efficient these days) but also control of the driveline. You can put the exact amount of torque you want to the wheels by selecting the right gear and amount of clutch - you just can't do that in an automatic.

Has nothing to do with machismo, plenty of chicks drive old 5 speed civics. It's just sad you cant buy a new fullsize truck with a standard transmission. Just pathetic. We've been over this.

Not true... 2011 Dodge Ram with 6.7 Cummins are still offered with a 6spd MANUAL trans. You even get a $1170 discount for not going with the 6spd auto.

Agreed. It is crazy. Lots of reasons why a manual transmission is better for certain things. It's not just efficiency (automatics are just about as efficient these days) but also control of the driveline. You can put the exact amount of torque you want to the wheels by selecting the right gear and amount of clutch - you just can't do that in an automatic.

The Allison transmission in the new GM trucks has a manual mode to do exactly that.. try one, you might like it.. i sure did

183833d1305324361-img_0029-jpg

Good job ziggo now ever other wood hauler in here looks half loaded :dizzy:

I wish I had a photo of the maple we took down last fall....It would put this one to shame. The tailer is 28ft long deck so I think it looks like a smaller load cause i had to back up so much to get it all in the photo.

It was pretty heavy for the the 3/4 ton, too much weight on the hitch but I had no choice but to pull it. It was being pulled out with a F350 powerstroke but it broke down halfway.

If you seen how rotted the tires on the truck are, you would probly shoot me.

16.5" tires are getting harder to find...not to mention price.

Last edited:
What are the specs on this trailer? length/width/axles etc?
Thanks it looks exactly like what I'm looking for size wise

I've researched trailers a bit lately, look into PJ Trailers and they seem to have a real solid rep. I just ordered a dump trailer from them, it should be here in a couple weeks.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back