Wood Hauler Pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are bringing in the wood. We have 1/2 mile of a gravel road (owned by the county, maintained by me) that fronts about 1/4 of our property. My cows (rest in peace) knocked down the cherry and aldar last spring to get at the bark...... Crapped all over a lot of the wood so it will sit for another rainy season, hope it will wash off.
This trailer is also my 12' duck-boat trailer. I welded a 4' tongue. I can't overload the darn thing. ATV pulls it OK.

My wood hauler. F350 6.0l powerstroke and a 22' 14K lb PJ deckover. We can max out the trailer with about 2.5-3 cords of green oak. Sure great to cut down on all the trips if we just hauled with our trucks.
100_0401.jpg

Not to pretty but the lift works real well. I cut everything about 15 foot and load it with the backhoe, forks in the bucket. Haul it home dump and go back for more. I have had up to 19,000 lbs of sand in the back several times and the steering gets real easy.:jawdrop: I rebuilt a 292 with over sized valves in the head, put an aluminum 4 barrel intake and split headers on it. It has a 2 speed rear end which makes it a lot more usable for when I have to go very far.

That old 'Binder is great. Just don't see them around anymore. They seem to rust very well in the Northeast. Are those 16" wheels?

They are 17.5 with split rims. The body is not to rusty but It takes a lot to keep it that way.

I thought that some of you might enjoy seeing pictures of this truck. There is a guy in northern Utah that is selling it at the time of this post. Here is a link to his post, but it will probably be deleted in a few days so I include the quote from his ad.

http://www.ksl.com:80/index.php?nid=218&ad=7822299&cat=98&lpid

$9,500.00
RANCH RIG!! 1995 Ford F-250 ext cab 4x4 flat bed w/tracks
hyrum, UT 84319 - Sep 6, 2009
Got in a jam, need the cash. Today thru monday only. This is all you need on the ranch or farm. Do you need to haul hay out in the field in the snow, this will take care of it for ya. I'll sell the tracks seperate for $3500, the truck for $6500 or together as a package for $9500. The tracks have a standard 8 lug pattern, but you could easily have adapter plates made with any bolt pattern to fit what you have. The truck is your basic 7.3 powerstroke, 4x4, ext cab, with a flat bed. The flat bed has a goose neck ball in the bed, and it has removable 18' sides and rear panel. The truck has $235k miles on it, and runs like a top. To replace the tracks alone now would cost $35k by themselves.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

That ain't a bad deal for that Ford at all!

Here's my latest wood hauler, '89 GMC C60 SB350 and allison auto. Another 1500bf of white pine and a few hemlock went to the mill Saturday. :cheers:

0905091150a.jpg

Last edited:
Here's my rig. 2000 Excursion 4x4 with the V10 and 4.30:1 gears pulling a 24' trailer or the 12' dump trailer.

2009-07-20003.jpg

2009-06-09012.jpg

This was 31,640 on the scale with truck, trailer, and wood!
2009-07-20004.jpg

I am done with this year's and part of next years wood but this maple was in a place where I need to shove snow off the driveway (no snow blower)
so I went down and made it happen.

Latest posts

Back