Wood Hauler Pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One heck of a wood hauler Excaliber!

But I cringe how high up the wood has to go...then again I hate how high today's 3/4 and 1 ton 4wd pickups are too!

Thanks, the trailer is a foot or so lower than the truck is, but with drop sides on the truck, it is not to hard to load. Just drop one of the sides down and load away. Then when you are getting full, put the side back up, and finish filling. Problem is you cut and cut and never fill the dang thing up, trailer took more than I thought to fill. Heck I kinda miss the days when I though I was doing good cutting an 8ft pickup box full

I always wanted to get me a 2.5 ton military truck. Looks like a sweet set up you have there. Shouldnt have to worry about overloading it. I have to agree with that other fella about the height kind of a long ways up to throw a big round, but I still want one.

I delivered wood to a guy that had a duece and a half and he said if you searched around you could pick one up that was in decent shape for some where in the neighborhood of $5000-$7000. He also said they run on diesel and get 15 miles per gallon loaded or empty. I would love to have a dump (load it with a conveyor) ...Boo-Ya!

I delivered wood to a guy that had a duece and a half and he said if you searched around you could pick one up that was in decent shape for some where in the neighborhood of $5000-$7000. He also said they run on diesel and get 15 miles per gallon loaded or empty. I would love to have a dump (load it with a conveyor) ...Boo-Ya!

Well trying not to get off topic again, but you can find them for around $1000-$4000. Most like mine will run on diesel, gas, kerosene, cooking oil, ect,ect,ect. 13 MPG empty driving easy and around 6 MPG fully loaded.

my latest woodhauler

bought this this morning for getting wood out of those tough spots with my Jeep
little rougher shape than I would have preferred but oh well-at least it has been patched and with stainless steel none the less

Photo0196.jpg

Photo0197.jpg

already got to try it out on some maulberry I cut on the fenceline between my neighbors yard and mine
just a small load but I think it is going to do the trick

Photo0198.jpg

Photo0199.jpg

I believe this one is around a 1948 Ben Hurr trailer

cleaned her up a bit since I bought it last week
I think it looks better and even put it to work this weekend, sorry haven't hauled wood with it since I painted it
IMG_5103.jpg

cut and hauled a load in for my dad with my bigger trailer (daughter was finishing up the stacking)

Photo0208.jpg

also got my side boards built for my little trailer

Photo0211.jpg

Photo0212.jpg

just need to get my header built

This is the one I've been using most often this year:

littlefulltrailer001.jpg

littlefulltrailer002.jpg

littlefulltrailer008.jpg

I sold this one off earlier this year after having it since 1995:

trailer067.jpg

That pic is with the bench in the locked travel position.
When using it the bench is spring loaded so the blade is under the cover untill you push foward the sliding bench to cut.:smile2:

got to try out the side boards for my little trailer

worked great. Still need to finish up my header board but worked for hauling in a couple loads from the wood pile

figure I had around a half cord on the first load
Photo0223.jpg

Photo0222.jpg

then I would guess over a half cord the second load

Photo0226.jpg

Photo0227.jpg

Smart looking little trailer you got there. You might want to integrate a spare tire in that headboard you are building

thanks
its main purpose is for getting wood out of the tighter spots that my 6.5x12 trailer just won't make it into due to size and lack of ground clearance

however, it is proving to work very well for bringing wood from the pile because it is so easy to load and unload

I may very well integrate a spare mount
I am still trying to decide what route I am going to take with the tires and wheels. I am leaning towards replacing the axle with one that is 5x4.5 bolt pattern, so it matches my Jeep (the current axle is 5x5.5). Either way, it needs new tires and wheels as the current tires are old and in bad shape and one of the rims is rotted out around the valve stem.
Photo0225.jpg

attachment.php

Hopefully soon to be my Ex wood hauler :)

12 foot bed, hydraulic dump. 390(cracked block) and 4 speed. Have had close to 10K on hitch before. Not a speed demon, or a hybrid, but got the job done

Latest posts

Back