Wood Hauler Pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Use my old Cub Cadet to haul loads to the house, after pulling the old Ford 960 log splitter with the old John Deere 160, the funny thing is that after researching the serial numbers all three pieces appear to be 1984 year models.

Attachments

• IMG_20140206_140852.jpg
    IMG_20140206_140852.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 82
Duplicate post. Ron
Great pics! Nice trucks and trailer.

I am working my way up to a civvie version of your CUCV, it is two trucks away in my stack of junkers. That one is a 4 speed manual, 3/4 ton 6.2 diesel. It has the military oz tires on it and some decent wheels. I basically got it and paid for the tires and got a free truck. I know it isn't the full ton and a quarter spec, but lots cheaper than getting a decent mil version anymore. I guess they used to be cheap, but not any more that I could find. I have two of the larger mil trailers, gonna see if I can swap one for the smaller.

The frame is all custom made from model a ford frame rails. 68 beetle front end, '82 ford 9" rear end with 5:1 ratio, Buick driveshaft, Willy's springs in the rear, GM master cylinder. Power comes off the engine via a 2:1 double bonded v -belt to a side loader GM 4 speed then to a GM side loader 3 speed. 4 x 3 = 12 forward gears and 3 in reverse. Low low @ 4000 rpm is about 3 MPH and hi gear is about 33mph. It has M18 Kohler for the power plant and the plate that is on it says 1955 farm vehicle. Plate is just for fun.

I wanted a gator but we all know how pricey those are and this is WAY more cool than a gator! I have pulled one full anhydrous tank and a 2 bottom plow with it! People sure look when I roll thru town to put gas in it!!

Do you have any pics of the transmissions mated together or the engine to transmission mounting? I have a similar project on my mind and am interested in how to achieve those two aspects.

IMG_20121218_201428-1.jpg

Actually there are smaller versions of the tracked dump. Some even have a turn table like an excavator.

Here's a load of hard maple. Some of you refer to it as sugar maple I believe. All I know is that it does a fine job keeping the house warm! I'm just shooting from the hip but I would guess close to 4000 lbs in that truck!

Attachments

• 20140925_175611.jpg
    20140925_175611.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 60
Used to love driving those things when I was in the guard. Always started even if it needed ether. I would love one of those!

I went for the cheaper for me civvie versions of these. Square 80s chevy 4x4s with the diesel. Want to keep getting them too, stack em up around here for parts and whatnot. Haven't got a smaller mil trailer yet though, but that's on the bucket list, the m105s just too dang big and heavy, plus no easy way to make the brakes work, want the surge brakes on the smaller lighter trailers.

Latest posts

Back