Wood splitters to sell at my shop?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DUGs-sawshop

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Can you guys run some names by me that I can check out . I want to carry a line of wood splitters at my shop. We are a outdoor power equipment store, but dont have a line of splitters. I have contacted Timberwolf 3-4 times but I'm getting the hint there not interested. Im in Maine so a company close by would help on keeping shippng down. Thanks, doug

Off the top of my head...

TimberWolf
Iron & Oak (from IL)
Brave (made on same assembly line as I&O)
American (HQ in NY State.)
SpeeCo (Some competition from Huskee at Tractor Supply, but TS doesn't sell the full lineup)
Super Split (flywheel model, in MA)
Wood Wolf (flywheel model, in NH)
Bad-Boy (I've seen a 35-ton model at Tractor Supply)
MTD (Troy-Bilt, Cub Cadet, etc.)

Last edited:
TimberWolf
Iron & Oak (from IL)
Brave (made on same assembly line as I&O)
American (HQ in NY State.)
SpeeCo (Some competition from Huskee at Tractor Supply, but TS doesn't sell the full lineup)
Super Split (flywheel model, in MA)
Wood Wolf (flywheel model, in NH)
Bad-Boy (I've seen a 35-ton model at Tractor Supply)
MTD (Troy-Bilt, Cub Cadet, etc.)

One more - Swisher

Al :cheers:

I just bought an Iron and Oak fast cycle splitter and am very happy with it. The business I purchased it from also rents it. And there are two other rental places near by that also rent them. They seem bullet-proof, with a cycle time of 8 seconds. I would say that my 20ton model has the same, if not more, splitting power than my 35-ton Huskee had.

wood splitter

It honestly sounds as if you are getting
the run around from someone in the
sales department worried about
his or her sales commisions.

I would sincerely suggest that you visit the
Timberwolf folks in Vermont and sit on thier
collective door step as it whomever is blocking
you from becoming an authorised dealer has
an unknown motive.

I have sent aqauintances from europe thier
way to buy log splitters simply based on the
quality of the timberwolf I own and use.

If this is the attititude they have as a family owned
company in Vermont something is terribly wrong and
their ethics have changed-but I sincerely doubt it.

They are a sponsor here or a Timberwolf dealer is one
of the site sponsors-I dont know which etc.

I would sincerely suggest you visit and bring copies
of your financial statements as relates to your time in business
as a sole proprietor, a letter of reference and introduction from your bank as well as
a letter from your bank stating the available funds you have to purchase
product (usually written- To whom it may concern Mr. So and So has available to him
he needed funds with five figures ( for example) in his available funds for the the
purchases desired by him for your product or auction item
by personal check and guaranteed by our bank.

Something is fishy here and it seems that if you want become dealer it should not be an issue
as guaranteed territories are a thing of the past and also illegal.

I would see your banker on this coming monday and get on the road early tuesday and be there when the
office opens on tuesday and be the first face they see in the foyer.

leon

Last edited:
HEy Thanks for all the help. I am looking at everyting right now. doug

Dont bother...there is no comparisson to a Timberwolf....there is no sense selling anything BUT the best...they are called the Cadillac of log splitters for a reason....

We sell them and just dont seem to get them back for repair...

We sell TW1's to commercial guys (wannabe commercial guys) and they just cant break them...

When you sell a piece of equipment tha just "keeps keepin on", you gain a trust with your customers that you sell good stuff...sure some will hesitate at the price tag, but its like that in every industry...

If you continue to have issues contacting them, you can PM me and will get you some names of guys on the inside there....

If I had a buisness and was looking into selling splitters I would build my own and advertize them as localy built and serviced. Or if you are not a good welder I would do some looking into welding shops. You could get some made for a good price if buisness is slow.

Just build a good quality one.

Something to think about.

Timberwolf's are really nice but they are very pricey.I copied a Northern splitter 20 yrs ago and have had zero issues with it.Other than being too lazy to tighten a fitting I have never had a breakdown.Been using Walmart auto trans fluid for years with no issues either.The only problem with it is I used a small boat trailer axle and it is to close to the ground for my 6"2" body.My cost for parts and pay someone to weld it up for me was around $1000.00.Everything was brand new except for the beam and axle.

Look into the small electric hydraulic splitters.

Good market for those splitting the 5-8 cords/year for home use here in Maine, especially in your high end region of New Gloucester!

We got rid of the smelly, noisy, cantankorous, gas guzzling splitter for a DR 5 ton electric hydraulic years ago. It is slow, and won't do the tough stuff (~10%-15% of our 6-8 cords/year). BUT: quiet, low maintenance, plug and play anytime without startup woes. I can split early or late, an hour at a time or not. Use it in the garage!

There are a few quality makers of electric splitters. Most use the 20-30 ton gas jobs for about the same amount of firewood.

Last edited:
Back