Wood Week 09: Bucking.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rowan

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Here are some pictures of my family and I bucking up some wood at last weeks trip.

Link to 1st tread:
http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=97762

There are a few PPE-lite shots. Let me say that PPE is important to me, and prior to someone else bringing it up I would like to acknowledge the issue. The PPE-lite individuals and I have had discussions. My uncle is purchasing a pair of chainsaw pants. My cousin has a bad back so he really doesn't cut often enough to justify it to himself I guess. Admittedly I'm not set up right yet either. My wife informed me that I should not buy screen/muff/helmet combo until sometime after my up coming birthday. :monkey: Otherwise I would have bought it shortly after Christmas.

Anyhow, on with the show:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

More bucking

attachment.php

What kind of wood am I cutting? Its a maple. I kind of made the assumption that it was shag bark maple.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Dad with Ironwood
attachment.php

Last edited:
Re: What Saws

Josh,

Agreed on the 660... This was my first time with the 8 pin. What a hoot!

The saws are:

MS 660
MS 270

212 views and no comments.....

Looks like I need to redo those last two pics.... they weren't supposed to be red X's....

I have held back on posting other threads from Wood Week 09 as there doesn't seem to be much interest.

I've got a bunch of felling pics etc I can post up if there's any interest.

Cheers.

Nice pics!

Wish I could find some big oak or ash to really load down the 460 for an afternoon!

post 'em

rowan
post what you have - i can't speak for everybody else but i check this site as often as i can hoping somebody posted some pics.
thanks for the ones you did post

Oak pics... 2nd try.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I put up a bunch of felling pics in the picture forum too.

Not sure why these pics didn't work before.

Cheers

Last edited:
Please post all the good pics you took this year. I'm sure there are more than just a few of us who enjoy seeing them.

I'm assuming that you're cutting this wood on family property. It's good to see you select the trees that need to be culled/removed and leave the rest to grow larger for later years.

Some of that woodlot looks a bit crowded, so I bet you sure have to select the right trees that have an opening to safely drop them.

:yourock:

Thanks... Felling pics added

Please post all the good pics you took this year. I'm sure there are more than just a few of us who enjoy seeing them.

I'm assuming that you're cutting this wood on family property. It's good to see you select the trees that need to be culled/removed and leave the rest to grow larger for later years.

Some of that woodlot looks a bit crowded, so I bet you sure have to select the right trees that have an opening to safely drop them.

:yourock:

Thanks man, glad you liked the pics.... I've got just about all of them up now.... If you go to the picture forum or search "Wood Week 09", you'll see the threads.

Cheers!

Nice pics!

Wish I could find some big oak or ash to really load down the 460 for an afternoon!

All i have is oak and its all i cut. All day and the 660 straight stock does work.
Plan on doing the muff mod and air filter and different sprocket to relay open up what it has. It exhaust has a frigging pin hole in it...
Its a dam good saw and can use it all day and no be tired, it's heaver but i have to do less work it does most of that.
Matt

Latest posts

Back