Woodpile and free tree pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bowwow122

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Here is the start of my woodpile plus a hackberry that was given to me today (thanks
to the members who helped me identify it)

Nice bunch of firewood you've got piled there.:msp_thumbup:

I'm assuming that's not your house that's connected to the bottom of that hackberry. So, was you cutting it down part of the deal with the free tree?

yep stacking comes next. I borrowed a splitter and I know he will need it back pretty soon
that is why the pile got so big.

No I didn't cut the tree down but I am helping clean it up. It is in a real tight spot and I
don't have a boom truck or climbing gear. This tree is on a property that the mayor owns
and he is always giving me wood from around town so I don't mind helping. He also has
a couple of real nice ash trees behind his shop that he gave me and to the left in the
picture is a small maple that is coming down next. It is a pretty good deal, saves the town
a little money and I get free wood.

yep stacking comes next. I borrowed a splitter and I know he will need it back pretty soon
that is why the pile got so big.

No I didn't cut the tree down but I am helping clean it up. It is in a real tight spot and I
don't have a boom truck or climbing gear. This tree is on a property that the mayor owns
and he is always giving me wood from around town so I don't mind helping. He also has
a couple of real nice ash trees behind his shop that he gave me and to the left in the
picture is a small maple that is coming down next. It is a pretty good deal, saves the town
a little money and I get free wood.

That is a great deal. Would love to have a gig like that.. Great job!!!
Get it done before the heat of summer kicks in...

yep it is a pretty sweet deal. Hopefully it will all be stacked in a week or
so, weather permitting.

Flashhole, as far as keeping track of swear words there isn,t enough fingers
and toes in this whole town to keep count on, anybody that has split hackberry knows what
I am talking about..this wood is about as stringy as it gets..I think it will be worth
it in the end.

Latest posts

Back