Woodsplittersdirect.com????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bucko

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
In the last two weeks I've been hit twice by the local crackheads. First lick I lost three saws. Ms440, ms441, and an old 029. Second lick I lost my splitter. Now I'm replacing my stuff. Anybody ever deal with Woodsplittersdirect.com ? I ordered a new Iron and Oak splitter two days ago and haven't heard back from them.:msp_unsure:

I think before you invest in more equipment you need to invest in a shot gun.
Also if you have the time visit your local pawn shops you might find your stuff.

Last edited:
Dang if I don't hate a thief!!
Sorry to hear that.

Never dealt with any online dealer of anything costing more than a couple hundred bucks.
Too much stuff happens, and darn if you can get the internet dealers to answer thier phones once things go sideways.
The local guys have to look at you in thier shop.;)

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

For What It's Worth...

I bought an Arien's Snowblower from Snowblower's Direct (don't ask why...) a few years ago and it was a smooth transaction. Without looking, my guess would be that Woodsplittersdirect is in the same family of companies. I know there were a few spin off companies that were related. Google it!

Best Wishes

Yeah buddy on the shotgun. Yesterday a fella backed into the driveway(said he was just turning around) but got to look down the stainless barrel of a Smith and Wesson. When you are just turning around you dont turn your motor off. At least I dont.

Yeah buddy on the shotgun. Yesterday a fella backed into the driveway(said he was just turning around) but got to look down the stainless barrel of a Smith and Wesson. When you are just turning around you dont turn your motor off. At least I dont.

I keep a notebook near to jot down license plates and descriptions as well....

get a few cables/locks etc and make it more difficult for them to steal, as well as a fake camera or 5, unless you're able to spring for a real setup.

Sorry to hear about your loss man. Thieves suck and deserve a bad death

investment

They have relatively cheap multi camera internet capable wireless cameras/hard drive surveillance systems now. Real time check on your stuff, and/or if your stuff gets snatched, you'll have a recording of the "transaction". I'm talking a few hundred bucks, not thousands (then whatever data plan thing you get for them). You can access the feeds from your home PC or your smartphone.

Anyway, just sucks you got took, man. I hope you find your stuff, or have good luck replacing your stuff. I worry about it too around here (crack heads, meth heads and the freekin' scrappers, got to be half the population now) and am gonna get a cam system myself. As it is now, we (GF and I) rarely leave and try so that one or the other of us is home when we have to go to town for something.

Yep, cameras aren't that expensive anymore. I'm betting for $1000 you can get a pretty advanced set that includes nighttime IR that could catch license plates without floodlights and all. Few hundred bucks will get a basic setup, complete with internet monitoring. Email your smartphone with pics when the motion sensors go off.

We get "gypsies" in the area every so often that annoy the hell out of me.

Yeah, sure you're making a legitimate living selling frozen steaks out of that chest freezer in the back of your pickup truck...going driveway-to-driveway during the middle of the day when most people are at work. Sure you are.

Dunno the laws in LA, but I'd be careful about pointing a firearm at anyone. Around here, that's assault, and possibly one for the perp.
Just showing it holstered should be convincing, BUT might also make it a target for him the next time you're away. Too many folks get shot with their own weapons.

Personally, the sound of a 12-ga pump locking & loading, or an over-under locking would be more of an attention-getter. Hard to miss hitting anything with a cylinder-bore Mossberg, too.

Less legal poo with cameras. Get him however you can.

Personally, the sound of a 12-ga pump locking & loading, or an over-under locking would be more of an attention-getter. Hard to miss hitting anything with a cylinder-bore Mossberg, too.

Less legal poo with cameras. Get him however you can.

I like cams, I like my neighbor better. He informs me of who's been at my place, plate numbers and all. Some would call him a nosey old bastid, I call him looking out for his fellow man. I do the same for him, but I'm not home much, and he's retired.

The click-click of a pump 12 is the universal sign for stop, there ain't a language on this earth that don't understand it. The snick of an o/u might get missed, not everyone is a trap and skeet guy like me.

Nine 3/16" holes from 00 buck don't leave many repeat offenders, 2 rounds is always better than one just in case the meth is strong, an 870 holds 8 with a mag extention, just sayin.

12 ga. Ithaca pump by the front door from now on. I did hear from Mike at woodsplitterdirect.com. Still waiting on shipping notice from the factory. Online transactions really test my nerves.

Dang if I don't hate a thief!!
Sorry to hear that.

Never dealt with any online dealer of anything costing more than a couple hundred bucks.
Too much stuff happens, and darn if you can get the internet dealers to answer thier phones once things go sideways.
The local guys have to look at you in thier shop.;)

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Dingeryote,

Thank you for speaking the God Honest Truth!! Islero

Bucko, sounds to me like this guy was coming back to your place for thirds, having got your saws and splitter on his first two trips.

I would've held him for the police or at least tried to follow him home...

buying online

I spend heaps online shopping, its easy ,just go by the simple rules.
Does the website have a physical address,Check it on google maps,and phone no for contact. If it is my first shop there I will ring to confirm listed prices ,or specials ect. just to check out the "feel' of the place. If noone answers the phone ,keep looking
Do they take pay pal, if they do its a bonus as you have some redress if things go belly up, If they are offshore and only take credit card or bank transfer keep looking, dont go there, as you definitely have no redress
Check the shopping forums and see how their customer service stacks up
There are some counties that are really a nono for shopping at. Indonesia is one. too much curruption
Is the website have that "professional look' with testimonials and a big range of product.
How long has it been going, usually the fly by night ones dont last

shop on

Latest posts

Back