Work is picking back up

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by DDM
:D Told you i was going to make up for letting you ride the bucket 2 days the first time you came up.
I finally got that roll of film developed. Here's me in that poplar. The three horozontal limbs to the left go over the power lines and the house is about 12'-15' to the right.

Last edited:
I did all the climbing and Dave rode around on his 4-wheeler. :laugh:
He transports the 4- wheeler on the trailer and then attaches the trailer to the back of the 4- wheeler at the job. Makes a GREAT wheelbarrow!

Here's TreeCo Dan at about 50'. This was the Sunday I stopped by on my way to SC.

(It's also the day I broke Dan's brand- new Greffardized 3120XP, but we won't talk about that!)

one more

Finally, here's my lil truck with the new saddle boxes. I got a great deal on them and needed the lockable storage for gear. Rigging gear on one side, climbing gear on the other and saws/ oddball stuff in the main box. This is my office when I'm not in a tree.

Thought work might pick up, but no, we had to have a mini-blizzard today :angry: Sleet and 3" of snow in just the time it took us to eat lunh, then light rain. One of those days you wish you had an excuse to work in the office....

I was patrolling a section of cable along a secondary highway today.
The transportation contractor was buzzing up and down the road with a brush hog on a cat ripping braches off the trees.
What a mess!
So much for trying not to gaff the trees. :rolleyes:

I picked up a nice little job today. Got a LOT of shrubs to dead wood prune, and drop crotch. Should take me a week or more by myself. I should be able to get some climbing work out of that. I have heard rumors of another job after that... but who knows with this guy :confused: :confused: :confused:

we've been super busy here in colorado for the last week or so after the "blizzard of 2003". we got called in to work last wed. at 2:30 am to clear trees out of the roads. it was a really wet snow so we had alot of breakage, especially in the elms and ash trees around town.most of the damage was to our (city) trees along the streets.we were out today for 8 hrs removing split, broken and hanging branches all day.had to contract out work to several private companies here.

Just got a nice removal job, but were rained out just before lunch. about a 24" beech bout 3 feet from a garage, and has trees around it that cant get hurt. I'llpost some pics when I get a scanner. Also got 5 stumps to remove there, then got 3 more yesterday, and one more today. hafta get a day's rent...

After a miserable winter, (and I am not sure it is over yet, 8F forecasted for tonight) I guess things are getting active here. Saw a Davey truck out last week, and one other that I did not catch the company name on the side. So I got a phone call to start 14 April with the guy I spoke to in January. What a pleasant change-he starts work out of his house which is only a five minute bike ride away-the larger equipment is parked at a closeby farm yard.

With all this hockey I at least have stayed in shape this winter, and confirmed that when I worked eight hours Saturday for a guy I play, with clearing everything out of an office that had closed. Gad the stuff that was thrown out and taken to the dump:confused: And in third world countries kids do not even have a desk to write on. So it was a day out and gave me some fun money.

I did all sorts of odd jobs this winter, and sold some old stuff on ebay. It wasn't tree work, but it kept gas in the tanks. Jumper, you bike alot?

Bike more out of necessity right now as I sent my Ranger to the scrap yard last fall and did not want to have vehicle expenses this winter when I was not working too much. My bicycle is not much either, as I gave my good mountain bike to my nephew who would use it in the long run a lot more than me, and I kept the old 10 speed I put together from a bunch I bought at a police auction 13 years ago. Gets me around and I really have become adept at using the bus, which given the price of gas here perhaps is not a bad thing.

No kiddin, gas sure is up there, but it's coming down. I dusted off the old bike last year and started riding more. It's a lot cheaper, and I like the exercise. Plus the little hills around here are fun to go zipping down :D

Won't be much zipping around here in the next day or so as we are supposed to have up to 4 inches of snow. And no, this is not an April Fool's joke from the weather office. What a year of weird weather. So long as it is all gone by the 14th, wallowing around in snow or mud is not my idea of fun.

Yuck, we were supposed to get 2" here last night, but thankfully it didn't come. I like my snow as much as the next guy for skiing and snowmobiling and ice fishing (had no less than 14" out there this year, even saw a couple guys out there in pickup trucks), but I'm ready for nice leafy green trees and sunshine :cool:

Latest posts

Back