Work video with son, fun one!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had to work yesterday to finish cutting some landings and bring up another road line for a yarder.
Ricky, my son, went - rolled some footage and cut his first tree as well.
Just a fun video of my job description.
My 372xpw with an 8 tooth sprocket and 32" bar. Don't think you guys have seen this saw yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRl34ndGe-U

Hard work but a good living. I am sure many of us are jealous and would love a 'day in the office' like you have. There isn't much that tops a day in the mountains smelling the pines. Thanks for the video!

You ever built a 44/46 hybrid? Just curious how you liked it compared to the 372. They should be close to the same weight, would be interesting to hear about the power and 'seat of the pants' impressions of both.

Jasha great video........Is it just me or is that saw a bit peeky ??? Sounds like you can knock it out of its powerband real easy ...

Must be the quality of sound in the video, I thought the way this saw holds it's rpm in cut is what make's it so unique.
You may of been hearing a hungry chain on stump as well.

You ever built a 44/46 hybrid? Just curious how you liked it compared to the 372. They should be close to the same weight, would be interesting to hear about the power and 'seat of the pants' impressions of both.

No, Josh, I have not messed with any of the "combo" type projects. I have lot's of 044 cases though.

What a great video...:clap: :clap: :clap:

Your boy did a great job with the camera...totally showed the action and detail.

That saw is a ripper!!! Nice work!!!!!!:cheers:

Very nice!, one of the great memorys your son with have. I cut alot of wood with my grandfather, I cherished every minute with him.

Cool video. I notice that most of your felling cuts are done with the top of the bar. Any particular reason? I always seem to move to the other side of the tree and use the bottom of the bar. Gives me the dogs if i want to use em and just seems more like the way it should be cut. I am gonna guess your answer will sound something like "I been cutting em down for XX years and dont even think about it anymore" but I am curious, if there is a particular preference or motive that you do it that way.

Maybe you just don't like extra sawdust in your pockets! :hmm3grin2orange:

Cool video. I notice that most of your felling cuts are done with the top of the bar. Any particular reason? I always seem to move to the other side of the tree and use the bottom of the bar. Gives me the dogs if i want to use em and just seems more like the way it should be cut. I am gonna guess your answer will sound something like "I been cutting em down for XX years and dont even think about it anymore" but I am curious, if there is a particular preference or motive that you do it that way.

Maybe you just don't like extra sawdust in your pockets! :hmm3grin2orange:

Always cut from the same side of the tree. I either back bar my face of my back cut on every tree. I Seldomly have my powerhead down.
I use my dawgs with every cut on the stump.

Great video Jasha! I have been fortunate to retire at an early age from full time work and spend time with my kids. Even though I have spent more family time than most I still get melancholy thinking that my kids will be out of the house in a few short years. Give that kid a hug while you still can. Or at least a good hard punch to the shoulder.

I enjoyed that, Thanks for sharing.
It's nice to see how it's done.

Do your dawgs grab good when using
the top of the bar. Seems like they
would want to slide. Just curious.

Regards Lee

tree slingr.. what mods do you have done to your 372xpx to make up for the 8 tooth sprocket and bar? i am considering on throwing a 8tooth on my 372xp with a 24" bar and muffler mod. think it will take it like a champ? or can you suggest other ways to get some more grunt out of it? thanks

Latest posts

Back